Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
3 car crash on a t junction middle of town
country fire service get called
i was on traffic duties
no one was allowed to turn right, as there were 3 crashed cars in the way, plus a firetruck plus a tow truck
can only go straight
one woman disagreed
refused to move unless I allowed her to go right
wasnt going to happen
the cop came over and told her to move as shes blocking traffic
"im blocking traffic?!?!?" she retorted. by now traffic had backed up about 1km
cop arrested her

some people

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Pri*** who reroof a building right next to your work car park. Don't let anyone know they are doing the work or ask anyone to move their cars. Then they drop corrugated iron on the car you have kept in pristine condition for four years and then try to deny liability.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Students who deface classroom desks with obscene pictures.....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
A growing trend here with people pulling up in traffic 1 - 2+ car lengths behind the car in front. No wonder we have a growing "congestion" problem.

From seeing one or two every now and then I am now seeing multiple people do it at every stoppage. WTF don't you pull up closer ???

Is this just a Perth phenomenon or is it happening elsewhere as well ?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
A growing trend here with people pulling up in traffic 1 - 2+ car lengths behind the car in front. No wonder we have a growing "congestion" problem.

From seeing one or two every now and then I am now seeing multiple people do it at every stoppage. WTF don't you pull up closer ???

Is this just a Perth phenomenon or is it happening elsewhere as well ?

They're great congestion busters in Brisbane. They pull up 2mm from the car in front!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I personally hate people who are slow taking off from lights.

There is no reason (apart from the guy in front of you flooring the accelerator) that there should be 5-10 car gap between you and the car in front in the time it takes you to exit the lights.

This is why only a handful of people get through.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I personally hate people who are slow taking off from lights.

There is no reason (apart from the guy in front of you flooring the accelerator) that there should be 5-10 car gap between you and the car in front in the time it takes you to exit the lights.

This is why only a handful of people get through.

Agreed. So many people dawdle through the lights and people wonder why traffic sucks. It's even better if you take off at a reasonable pace and they death stare you once they finally catch up to you.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
People tend to wait until the car in front has moved before they move, creating an expanding concertina effect. If it was a race, everyone floors it when the lights go green and all the cars move in unison. Will never happen at traffic lights though. I tend to start moving when the car in front of the car in front of me starts to move. The gap I leave between me and the car in front of me is large enough that they are moving by the time I have caught them.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
People tend to wait until the car in front has moved before they move, creating an expanding concertina effect.

Which is fine, but there is no reason to accelerate so slowly that the person in front has left the lights before you have even entered.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Being told I more then likely won't get a fixed date for my surgery I will likely just get a call 1 week before. Given I have to also organise accommodation etc. it's more then a little annoying.