Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
another thing i have found to bug me, when i give my number out i expect them to not prank call me, with the exception of my closest friends whom i call brothers. but i gave a guy my number to talk and it seemed after that that i have requested to buy a Mercedes from carsales.com.au. it did not stop at one but rather i had over 140 calls in 2 day's from dealerships around Australia concerning a Mercedes that i requested to "look" at. i suppose i brought it on myself. i rarely give out my number. but dang it this taught me a lesson that i wont forget.

man i got calls at 9:00 at night. and starts at 5 in the morning, busy few days they were.
he meant it as a joke in which at times we laughed. but there is a seriousness involved in the identity of others.

be careful who you give your number too.

not to mention i do not like Mercedes, i like Holden

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Using a GPS, pfft. Although have used the phone for that function at times when figuring out how to get through the city. Its alright until you get your bearings and can map it out in your head how it all interlinks.
A lot of us who ride kids bikes navigate by saying its close to this or that track.

No joke, when I was navigating for a mate, I said go as though you are going to xyz, and its 2km from there. Makes for an easy understanding of how to get there.
I guess that's also part of the sport, have seen so much of Australia from just driving to venues and the quickest ways to get there.
if you lived where i live and tried to find your way through the plantations and bush to Town, i dare say you would have no hope, until you have done the trip a couple of times. There are tracks that can take you around in circles as every road can look the same depending on which area you find yourself.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Land Navagation can be fun. When I was at the University we used to have some called a "Rally". Was more of a scavenger hunt and clue/trouble solving puzzles. Some like arriving on a point in the map by following instructions and clues. Then, was either counting how many white houses, or certian kinds of tree, or what the sign says, etc... Speed is not important (to keep people safe), accuracy was enforced by issuing points. You can be last with a 100% accuracy and win. So if 2 or more get 100%, it was decided who did it the fastest. As far I know, nobody got 100%, it was pretty darn hard. Of course, you cannot take all day, there is a time limit too.

Last edited:

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HSV Clubsport R8 LS3 E3
Speed limiters and govenors piss me off. EA Fairmont wagon, Alice to Tennant Creek, 2&3/4 hours (495 km), one halfway fuel stop. Apparently the record back in the 90's was an SS Commodore, 2&1/4 hours. No fuel stop, long range tank.

Attachments

• Image029_LI.jpg
    Image029_LI.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Speed limiters and govenors piss me off. EA Fairmont wagon, Alice to Tennant Creek, 2&3/4 hours (495 km), one halfway fuel stop. Apparently the record back in the 90's was an SS Commodore, 2&1/4 hours. No fuel stop, long range tank.

3200rpm at 180+. Not even working hard. Look at the photo long enough and you can see the fuel gauge move.

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HSV Clubsport R8 LS3 E3
Yes exactly!! Although a local in Tennant Creek said the reason they were limited at 3200 in top was that rear gearbox bearing couldn't be trusted after that!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Waiting for my wages to go in. Payday is Thurs but I am still waiting to be paid. It's like watching paint dry, keep checking my account because it should go in later this eve, hopefully.... I feel for our pay master, who didn't process our pays until late Wed which held things up by a day and now with the PH they are even more late. But I reckon the poor bugger might have had some abusive calls today, because some people at work are a lot less patient than me.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Waiting for my wages to go in. Payday is Thurs but I am still waiting to be paid. It's like watching paint dry, keep checking my account because it should go in later this eve, hopefully.... I feel for our pay master, who didn't process our pays until late Wed which held things up by a day and now with the PH they are even more late. But I reckon the poor bugger might have had some abusive calls today, because some people at work are a lot less patient than me.
It's not hard to understand peoples frustration with not getting their pay on time. Also that they take it out on someone. With Thursday being a public holiday wages should have been paid on Wednesday. Some people live from week to week and are desperate to get their money. Quite sure the company would not come to the party if a late payment was incurred.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Unfortunately the cycle ends 5pm Tuesday. The poor pay master has to process on his own 125 pays. This includes salary packaging payments that need to go through a third party before we receive it. When i started the we only had around 80 paid employees. Its a massive job that really needs to be done differently. Because the poor bloke is there by 7.30 the day he does the pays and he must have worked late because the payslips weren't sent out until nearly 6pm. I feel for the bloke as does my boss, because upper management are expecting him to just get it done, without extra support. But some employees that hassle him don't take into account he is doing his best but the big bosses don't seem to care. I see this a lot in community service organisation's. People get worked into the ground and then quit and are then replaced with sometimes 2 people l.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
We have two payroll people for 500 staff.

Never paid late.