Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It may be a covid thing? One supplier said 3 months for new stock.

I have found used ones but that will be a last resort and waiting to hear back from an online only supplier.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I think is a global economics thing. Heard the Japanese are having issues with their aitomotive supply chain. In the way things are going, I expect disrruptions. Not thinking on "end of the world" kind of scenario, only for a good while not able to fix our cars for stupid issues.

I stocked on oil filters and oil, at least to cover 2 oil changes and some other basic maintenance items.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think is a global economics thing. Heard the Japanese are having issues with their aitomotive supply chain. In the way things are going, I expect disrruptions. Not thinking on "end of the world" kind of scenario, only for a good while not able to fix our cars for stupid issues.

I stocked on oil filters and oil, at least to cover 2 oil changes and some other basic maintenance items.

I heard a little rumour today, China seem to be holding back on sending stuff from that country.....More a case of them being mongrels, for other countries pointing the finger at them for the covid out break....

Of course this is just a rumour and I don't have any facts to back it up

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is definitely a global supply chain issue ATM. We had to replace a washing machine and got some of the last stock in the country, other suppliers had minimal to no stock for many brands/models and this seems to be a common issue with many items ATM.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if China starts playing games with global supply, I don't think we have learned yet that having all your eggs in the china supply basket is a bad thing.

Managed to pick up a pair of axle shafts, no idea on the quality but hopefully they work better than what we have now.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There is definitely a global supply chain issue ATM. We had to replace a washing machine and got some of the last stock in the country, other suppliers had minimal to no stock for many brands/models and this seems to be a common issue with many items ATM.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if China starts playing games with global supply, I don't think we have learned yet that having all your eggs in the china supply basket is a bad thing.

Managed to pick up a pair of axle shafts, no idea on the quality but hopefully they work better than what we have now.

I think the management of the countries might be starting to feel the heat of this reliance....What move they do next to cool this heat down remains to be seen, but the sooner the better they make the move away, the better off we all will be :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I think the management of the countries might be starting to feel the heat of this reliance....What move they do next to cool this heat down remains to be seen, but the sooner the better they make the move away, the better off we all will be :)

Sadly, our government down under has given away motor vehicle manufacture on ideological grounds. This was an industry that should have been kept on national security grounds.

So to bring it back, is not only a huge cost impasse in getting it going again, but pollies don’t like eating humble pie... so will never likely happen and as a populace, we’ve just got to feel more comfortable being shafted...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sadly, our government down under has given away motor vehicle manufacture on ideological grounds. This was an industry that should have been kept on national security grounds.

So to bring it back, is not only a huge cost impasse in getting it going again, but pollies don’t like eating humble pie... so will never likely happen and as a populace, we’ve just got to feel more comfortable being shafted...

It's more than vehicle manufacturing that have left this country and should be bought back saving us being at the mercy of China

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We are having major timber supply issues at the moment. Pine framing is among the materials that are very scarce and considering the Gov has propped up the building industry we now have the issue where houses are going to be delayed, simply because a lack of materials, which no doubt in turn will jack up the cost of building over the next 12 months and beyond.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
We are having major timber supply issues at the moment. Pine framing is among the materials that are very scarce and considering the Gov has propped up the building industry we now have the issue where houses are going to be delayed, simply because a lack of materials, which no doubt in turn will jack up the cost of building over the next 12 months and beyond.
Yes, it is much more than just vehicle manufacturers which is something of a national security issue to have let it go... and was just a recent egregious example...

Now that’s gone, and the government wont bring it back, what makes anyone think our government will bring back anything other manufacturing sector... Even PPE manufactured down under (the 20 masks they make a day which was more COVID PR than real manufacture) is critically dependant of supply from Chyna.

Not disagreeing that is shouldn’t come back, but we have the best pollies money can by put so they work for their multinational masters who only care about tax evasion and the bottom line.

As a country, with the depth of quality pollies we have, we are all fcuked.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Went to get a new pair of trainers / running shoes , the guy said a lot of the stock is waiting to be unloaded from the container terminal, looking at mid February, same deal with the appliance stores