Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
When I hurt my back I still went to work as well, could have taken sick leave but needed to get stuff done. Boss cracked it that I went to the chiro a couple of times a week for about 3 weeks, had a go at me about it, I said I could stay home and not come in at all, what's worse, losing me for a couple of hours a week or a couple of weeks.

If you have to go to work, Voltaren Rapid 25 is a good anti inflammatory. Or you could step it up to Rapid 50.
My boss questioned me on Monday about a doc certificate i handed in when i had the day off to go Monash Heart for my annual check up after having a heart attack 7 years ago. He said he is not sure if i will get paid as technically i was only going for a check-up and was not really sick. This is the same "Dick " that said stocktake on Saturday was compulsory and anyone who doesn't turn up must supply a doctors certificate. I said great if i have Saturday off will i get paid double time if i bring a certificate.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My boss questioned me on Monday about a doc certificate i handed in when i had the day off to go Monash Heart for my annual check up after having a heart attack 7 years ago. He said he is not sure if i will get paid as technically i was only going for a check-up and was not really sick. This is the same "Dick " that said stocktake on Saturday was compulsory and anyone who doesn't turn up must supply a doctors certificate. I said great if i have Saturday off will i get paid double time if i bring a certificate.

You've got to be joking that your boss wouldn't accept a medical certificate for a check up as a paid day off....If so, what a tossbag.....

Maybe point out to the tossbag, it's actually called personal leave now, rather than sick leave, so technically you weren't taking a sick day off, you were taking a personal leave day off, to attend to a necessary personal problem....See what the tossbag says to that...

Glad he isn't my boss

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Next up, getting your child's consent that they want to go to school.
Remeber to ask them nicely

So it'd go like this

Parent.....Are you going to school today?

Child...No I don't fell like it?

Parent...Perhaps go to school or my size 10 might slip into your butt

Child...School sounds like a better option

Parent...Thank you child....Thought you'd see it my way :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I hate it when you step in some dog **** and you think its all off, but then you get in the car and smell it's not. I hate that.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I hate it when you step in some dog **** and you think its all off, but then you get in the car and smell it's not. I hate that.

Is that where the saying **** happens come from? :p

Hang on, I did watch the movie "Forest Gump" recently, so maybe that's where the saying came from...

Seriously, that is a real annoying thing

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I hate when you spit out the car window but then realise it’s shut o_O :p:p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I hate it when someone gets a conviction overturned on a technicality and then go on to claim innocence and the moral high ground!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Those people who when it's still dark think it's ok to drive without their headlights on. Couple with this those in such a hurry they overtake in a built up area. Perhaps they will meet, hope I'm not too close.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Those people who when it's still dark think it's ok to drive without their headlights on. Couple with this those in such a hurry they overtake in a built up area. Perhaps they will meet, hope I'm not too close.

Becoming a bigger problem with auto lights and DRLs.

What I'm most surprised with is how people can see the speedo, its an obvious reminder that you're lights aren't on.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
The problem being illuminated dashboards. Driving with lights off at dusk.