Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
I hate it when you spend money and time to fix something, just to find something else is broken and is even more of a pain in the ass to fix!

Wisdom teeth ! found out mine are coming out

funny-wisdom-tooth-radiograph_zps504ec8c5.jpg

I got all four removed in one sitting. I think in some cases going under is optional, wasn't for mine though. Dentist said there was no chance he'd touch those teeth while I was awake. In any case, I would recommend you spend the extra and go under, I hear its quite painful and very unpleasant even with local.

The aftermath wasn't too bad, I was eating in a few days. And not having aches anymore is a big +.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Just came back from a trip to Northern Victoria, road works, speed limit reduced to 40 kph from 110 kph, impatient buggers behind that think the 40 kph limit does not apply to them, had an idiot overtake me in the 40 zone as I was holding him up as I was sitting on the speed limit.

As a side note the workers who put up the signs don't help either, 40 zone I can understand as people are working, pass the guys working and the 40 zone holds for like a km past where they were working, seems wrong to be still doing 40 waiting for the end roadworks sign to appear in the distance.

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
I hate it when you buy something off ebay and then you get a message saying they didn;t get your details right can you give them a call to fix it up. I wanted my car running by this weekend now I have no chance.

I got all four removed in one sitting. I think in some cases going under is optional, wasn't for mine though. Dentist said there was no chance he'd touch those teeth while I was awake. In any case, I would recommend you spend the extra and go under, I hear its quite painful and very unpleasant even with local.

The aftermath wasn't too bad, I was eating in a few days. And not having aches anymore is a big +.
I had my upper right pulled back in 2004 first day of school holidays at the end of 3rd term. It didn't want to come out and when it did come out the force of the puling cracked the bone and a slither about an inch long come out with the tooth. I went to bed, woke up hours later with blood pouring out of my nose and out of my mouth, went back in to the dentist the guy who was head dentist gave the young fella a look that would turn you to stone, gave me an injection of Novocaine (oh yeah that helped me to feel good), put 4 stitches in the hole the young fella left and told me to keep my head down. For a few days all I could eat was mush food for a few days then stews after that. I spent the holidays taking it easy and going back to the dentist so the head fella could make sure things were under control and no infection was setting in. The moral to this story is I hate dentists to, lol.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

I got 18 out in one sitting. Left me with 4 teeth in my mouth, two on the top and two on the bottom for falsies to hang on to.
It took the dentist 30 mins to do all the injections, about a dozen of them, and they hurt a lot - its the injections that hurt not the extractions lol. It then took him less than 10 minutes to pull the 18 teeth, quickly and painlessly. I was astonished at how little time and effort it took him once he got to pulling them. Of course, less teeth would have meant less injections too.

To be knocked out for the procedure would have been an extra grand. Although I didn't enjoy it, it wasn't so bad that avoiding it would have been worth a grand to me. I'd do the same again (not that I will ever have to, I only have 4 teeth left :D ).

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
How do you end up with only four teeth? How old are you?

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht

Same here, I got knocked out to get all mine out in one hit a couple of years ago. #### staying awake for it.

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Oh wow seems pretty bad. Hope i can get them removed. I'm still in pain and mums booked me into the denist sometime this week (there really busy atm, great)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Oh wow seems pretty bad. Hope i can get them removed. I'm still in pain and mums booked me into the denist sometime this week (there really busy atm, great)

I spent my life avoiding the dentist. I only went there if I was in pain. If the dentist said 'I can repair that, just come back in six weeks' I would say ' mate, I know, but here's the thing.. I wont be coming back. Just remove it.'

It seemed obvious to me that hey, eventually they will all be gone and I will get a mouth full of falsies. Bad teeth run in the family, its inevitable anyway.

Bad decision. Falsies suck. I hate them. So will you when you get some one day.

Only have teeth extracted that need extracting. Look after them, get them repaired as required, and keep ALL of them as long as you possibly can. Obviously some teeth will inevitably have to come out, but keep as many as you can for as long as you can. Some things are worth more than money.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
Customers that come into work and want a specific brand of something (even though that brand could be ****) because their 'mate who knows more than anybody' told them it was the best ever.

You genuinely try to explain to them the benefits of something else or even the manufacturers specs but they dont listen to a bar of it.

E.G. customer came in today and wanted oil for their car, it was a something model 06 bmw. the guide said optimum 0w-30 secondary 5w-30. after getting abused for trying to rip them off etc i know nothing i am a sales person my mechanic said put this in it etc. they walked out the door with an $11 bottle of 20w50.

second e.g. of the day, somebody came in asking if we sold kicker subs, which we dont so i asked 'what drew you towards kicker etc would you consider other brands'
reply was kickers were the best subs ever made and we dont have anything better in the shop. she had come in her bf's car who just so happened to have kickers (3 guesses who filled her head) so i asked if i could listen to what they were used to and see them etc so i could find a sub they would like. turns out they were 2 kicker comp 150rms svc subs in the back of a falcon they showed me and it was basically vibrations and filth with a maxed out amp and low quality of sound.
so keeping up with my professionalism i asked if they wanted to hear some re audio gear which i had in my car which are only middle range 300rms dvc subs, took them to my car cranked it up and the reply was (without the swear words) those are 'candy' 'rainbows' subs. i accepted this and they were on their way out of the store. we all had a merry time.

IMHO (and everybody elses that work there) the subs in my car that bounce the wipers off the window and have extremely tight bass with 0 distortion decimated theis entry level kickers and all i was trying to do was help these people but i get abused in the process. some people just make me vghjnbvhjkvcfghjknjbhn.

/rant ty for your time =)