Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
I do volunteer work once in a while in our Rotary shop. I get there 15 mins early so I can get ready for trading (alarms off, display stock out the front, float from the safe etc.) and usually leave the door shut and lights off till I have completed those tasks.

So this morning I wheeled outside one of the displays leaving the door propped open for a few seconds, during that time a man entered the shop but I didn't see him. I went back inside and proceeded to the back of the shop to get the float and I heard this voice say "I need to buy this now, can you serve me" in rather a rude voice. I jumped 10 feet lol, scared the hell out of me.

I said to him I was sorry but he would have to wait as we were not technically open for another 10 minutes and I had to set up the register, then he slammed the product on the counter and said "forget it, I am in a hurry" and stormed out.

Seriously, how rude are some people? Sneaking into a shop that is not open for trading then cracking the sads because he can't have instant attention. Pissed me right off and I had to work on my customer service smile for the next person pretty quickly.

at my old job my bosses were always like to me and my mate 'you've got to be here 15 mins early to get yourself set up'

with out fail, there was atleast one person waiting out front. and like gren, as soon as you unlock the door they walk in with you.

i mean the place is pitch black, i havent even switched the alarm off, and i havent carried the til out which consists of a couple of hundred dollars.

one morning (i was having a **** day already) when i got to the door there was like 5 people standing out front. i walked in, and they all tried to walk in with me. i quickly turned around and slammed the door and re-locked it again.

and proceeded to get the shop ready for the day. one of the bosses comes running in (obviously thinking 'ive got to serve all these customers') and then he see's me already in the shop.

he went fkn ballistic at me because of it, like lost his **** screaming at me. i was shitty about it for the whole day. then i put two and two together. it wasnt my job to do the till in the morning, was the accounts girl. and i didnt start getting paid untill 9. and why should i stress out trying to serve 5 people when no one else is there to help me?

so after that i left my computer running with all the programs still going and from that day out i walked through those front doors at 9.

i mean as bosses they refused to pay overtime. i remember it was 5 o'clock and i was packing my bag and my boss came out back and goes 'theres a customer out front' im like so? hes like 'go serve them' im like 'na, im going home mate. YOU serve them' then walked past him and the customer and went home.

makes me shitty how much i used to do for them and that business and it was like everything went unnoticed.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
ahhhhh

made me feel good the day i quit. i was ready to rip his jaw off. i think what topped it off was telling his wife what i really thought about her as a woman and her husband and watching her ball her eyes out.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I haven't experienced working in a shop but a factory can be as bad I went up to the office to talk to the boss and he was on the phone to Harvey Norman in w.a and they wanted something like 50 bedroom suites by the end of the following week because they were putting out a catalog the boss put me on the phone and I said I finish the furniture do you want quantity or quality? He said quality i said fine call back in a month there are hundreds more Harvey Normans wanting bedroom suites and if I do yours now they will look like **** trust me then I handed the phone back to the boss and walked back down stairs lol

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hate being in super cheap auto when wearing a basic holden Polo and being asked 3 times where such and such is. I DONT WORK HERE ! did you just not hear me ?

As for people walking into shops before you open, same thing every day, sorry insurance and legal reasons your not aloud in. if they walk in anyway instructed to leave or legal action will be taken.

EmKa

Cupcake
Reaction score
Members Ride
El Falcon Futura S (shhhhh)
I get it at Kmart all the time since they have no set uniform anymore.... Lucky for me I used to work at the one I usually get asked at so I know where things are but it still annoys me

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I get pissed off at people who refuse to KEEP LEFT on bloody highways. Seriously you are not the police, you do not control how fast I am going and you are NOT over taking, move the #### out of my way.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I get pissed off at people who refuse to KEEP LEFT on bloody highways. Seriously you are not the police, you do not control how fast I am going and you are NOT over taking, move the #### out of my way.

Another Geelong to Melbourne commuter me thinks. Princess fwy drives me insane.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
When the slow speed signs are left out nights and weekends around road work sites and no one is working.

Southern Expressway here is being duplicated, a two year project. Usually it's a straight 100kph start to finish, however the speed limits along this stretch go between 60, 80 and 100 for short stretches at a time due to road works. Maddening in the middle of the night when there is hardly any traffic around and you are expected to do 60 on an open road.