Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
LOL, I did the same thing just a few weeks ago. Cutting cable ties with a brand new knife ( was in a huge hurry), slipped and sliced behind the webbed area between thmb and pointer. Sliced a vein on the way through, pissing out blood. Put bandage on tightly, finished job, cleaned up mess, then went to local doctors.

2 internal stiches for the vein and 4 external. Not a wide cut but it went in a fair bit. Was fun watching the doctor lift the skin up and cleaning out inside, sucks for him but the vein started pissing out all over his clean bed when he swabbed it. Good fun.

The giant bitch on the next bed though was pissing on about the 2 stiches he got from an angle grinder. Huge sook was moaning about the needle and the stitches. Was asking the doctor if mine was worse, meanwhile doctor is calling the nurse saying "I've got a blleder here (me)". LOL.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
TAFE. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

They were going to send me to the debt collectors, because I hadn't paid my fees. Well, no, I hadn't, but my boss did. Rang them up, the lady said to get details on how and when he paid it, then see them. Went in with said info and got stone walled. They couldn't find the money under my account, not interested.

My boss rang them up the next day. They hadn't noticed that one of our other apprentices had paid for his 2013 fees twice. Admin error on their behalf.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Meter Readers.

Was at work and the mrs msged me telling me she'd just got a fright because she heard somebody rattling the gate to get into the back yard. She thought it was a courier at first, but opened the door, and it was the meter reader douche guy who had walked up to the gate, which has a padlock on the other side of it, reached over, taken the padlock off, wandered in and then hasnt been able to close the gate properly because it's fallen on the hinges so he's just bashing it up against the frame.

I got home, and he hasnt actually closed the gate again after himself, it was just resting on the frame.

I was pretty pissed off. Firstly, who the #### decides they have the right to reach over and let themself into my backyard through a gate that isnt a simple matter of just turning the knob and entering, and then doesnt close the gate
after themselves? We're in the process of looking for a new dog at the moment and the dog would have been in the back yard at the time. One of two things could have happened: A) The dog could have ended up attacking this strange person coming onto the property and then i would have had a shitfight on MY hands. or B) The dog could have gotten out through the gate that he left open.

Debating whether to send an e-mail off to the water company but dont want them to just guesstimate all our water usage bills because of it. Guess next time i'll just have the shovel at the ready incase the dog decides it doesnt like some strange ####wit wandering around the yard and need to bury the meter readers body.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
be careful sab.
there are some regs relating to meters and where they have to be placed on/near houses.
regarding access and so forth.

I do know on the elec side they have some rules, which are found in the SIR's which I do have a copy of.
I don't know the ones for water though, but maybe be best to check it first before they throw the book back at you and your up for some big money to make it "comply"
sure a plumber on here may be able to help you out with that part.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
i fkn hate the meter man, i have a sign on the gate "Beware of dog" but they enter anyway, same with everybody, someone comes around to buy something off me and they walk strait thru the gate so i have to jump out of bed run out side to save them, and when they dont walk in the gate they stand too close so i have to yell at them 'step back' before my dog gets to them, if you see a big ass dog charging at you that looks like it will kill you which mine probably will, why would you just stand there

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
10 characters.

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Lol. Guess what i do for a living kent. I read water meters. Four years and counting and i can honestly say it's people like you that make the job even more unbearable than it already is. So your gate is stuffed, that's your fault. He can't close it because it's stuffed, well obviously he is to blame. Always easier to blame someone else right? And on one hand you complain because he has to access it on your property, like it's his fault it was put there, and on the other you complain that if he doesn't access it the service provider will just "guesstimate" your bill. How about you pick one and stick with it. If the meter reader can't access the meter he should be leaving a self read card which you have to fill out and send in, but because the company saves a lot of time and effort (and whinging from people too lazy to fill out the card) the meter reader has to make every effort to read the meter. If you don't like people just doing their job may i suggest you contact your service provider and arrange with them to have the meter moved off your property. No doubt you will have to pay a plumber to do this out of your own pocket, but you might get lucky.

And in reagrds to dogs and other OH&S issues, so long as there is a sign or a locked gate the meter reader will have no option but to leave a self read card. Maybe save yourself and everyone involved some grief and fix your gate and put a decent lock on it so you don't have to get you panties all up in a bunch.

The gate closes and locks fine, it just takes a bit of intelligence to work out that it needs an extra pull to close it. Something that somebody who's only employment prospect was walking around reading numbers off a water meter probably doesnt possess. It's my gate, which is access to my personal backyard. I'll electrify it or even weld it shut if i want to.