Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
My local Autobarn is good, as are Auto One and Repco. Supercheap is good if you know exactly what you need and is cheaper, but is difficult for the staff there to help you. I like how with supercheap they have all their products online so you can price them before you go in. New town I am moving to has a Repco and an independent place, I will assume for now they are fine......

Couple of weeks ago I needed wipers for the Fiesta. Went to ford dealer....not in stock, and wouldn't be arriving for a long time. Autobarn and Supercheap both had complete sets. I'dve thought wipers, being a pretty common service item, would be well stocked by a dealer??

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yeah, Bunnings just run their business like idiots. I know a lady who has 20-odd years experience in gardening and landscaping. She has worked in high-up positions at botanical gardens in the past and currently runs her own landscape construction/design business catering to rich people on the North Shore in Sydney. She was having a bit of a dry spell with clients so decided to get some casual work at Bunnings to help pay the bills.
They put her in the plumbing section.
She explained to them that she had no knowledge of plumbing, apart from irrigation, but they decided they were happy to put her there.
So if you need gardening advice in Bunnings, go to the plumbing section. ;)

Ah Bunnings , during the week I shot in to grab a few bits and pieces , 2 staff behind counter , both oblivious to the man in a Police uniform waiting to be served
both engrossed in some inane conservation , when one finally noticed , I placed items on counter , said " Oh sorry to have put you out , I'll come back when you have finished your talk ." They must be shown at staff induction how to totally ignore customers , and have no knowledge of what they sell .
The Mitre 10 Mega , is brilliant though , so they got a good sell .

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Go where the Tradies go Home timber & hardware ...... store of the year.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
having to format and do a fresh install. I hate when i cant work out what the problem and then having to resort to starting all over.This is the second comp this year, it has probably been since late last year that this comp i am using now connected to the net.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
dealing with people who ignore all the information handed to them whom then ask a stupid question not once but twice untill it's spelled out to them.
Rims for sale, tyres not included:
Cust, what tyres on the rims you're selling
Me please read description again
Cust, it say's 16x7 but no tyre size
Me, it also say's tyres not included so i'm still wondering why it matters to you what size tyres "used" to be on them

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
dealing with people who ignore all the information handed to them whom then ask a stupid question not once but twice untill it's spelled out to them.
Me, it also say's tyres not included so i'm still wondering why it matters to you what size tyres "used" to be on them
Similar thing on ebay for me last night..
"Does the garnish come with the tail light looms?"
Me: ffs

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
btw, i could do with some proper caprice tail light harnesses..... it'll shutup my lamp warning beeper and dash light...(normal harnesses were all I could get).... nah I wont add to your ebay grief.
I will however bid at the absolute last second for that garnish though

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Here's something that is starting to make me wonder , one of our divvy vans went in for a injector replacement , it's an Isuzu NKR 4.2 diesel , anyway it was unable to be fitted in at the usual place , the Holden dealer , so went to a Mazda dealer instead , 4 weeks later and a $6000, bill which crossed my desk to have payment authorized , I don't know what a injector replacement costs , but does that sound reasonable ? to me it sounds a little steep .

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
sounds fairly high, maybe they did a pump aswell.

any parts/labour break down on the invoice?

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Oh god, I'm selling a car on carsales atm. Every single person asks me "where are you located?". IT SAYS IT ON THE FREAKING AD!!!!
Then when I tell them the suburb I'm in, it turns out they are 150km away and just wasted a few minutes of my life on the phone.