Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
do you do the shopping , I just went today before I shopped for food 25 bucks gone for toiletry and personal needs not wants , I usually get frozen veg and fresh fruit , meat have you seen the prices, 8 sausages 6 bucks rump steak 36 kilo , chops 16 bucks for 6 bbq chops , chicken breast 5 bucks each , Tin products bake beans 1.20 a can , sardines 1.20 a can , so how can pensioners or even jobless eat healthy 3 meals a day , cost of living has risen so much in 10 years but welfare has stayed the same. I wish I can go back to work but my back is Brocken down and im stuck on welfare.

I'll bite here because I feel compelled to. keep in mind too that I'm a Butcher by trade.

sausages are probably the biggest rip off there is when it comes to meat and where invented because we're crafty folk and like to use everything from a animal and they should only be a sometimes food. I don't even eat them much - only when I'm feeling slack or at a bbq. they used to be cheap because they are (and still in most cases are) made cheap. hence why they are a sometimes food.

you pay $36/kg for rump? my local major supermarket has beef fillet for about $33/kg and scotch for $28/kg and even ygrade rump which is mostly d cut primals for $14/kg. prices off the top of my head obviously. my local IGA does chicken boob for $5.99/kg most weeks. granted most supermarket lamb is on the verge of being hogget, it's still not really that expensive. I myself had 2 lamb chump chops for my dinner last night (from the local iga who butchers on site) total cost of those chops was $2.40 there about. I would normally only have 1 but I was hungry.

it does take some running around to find cheap meat but it is out there. fruit and veg on the other hand can be hit and miss, it's very seasonal. and the stuff I posted is for me also, sometimes food. I don't eat top quality cuts for dinner every night, it's winter and you can do amazing things with gravy beef and any cut really if you know how.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
if he want to call me stupid well mate who brought a pile of s##t

Where did he bring it?

Pisses me off so much when people say brought instead of bought. (not as much as people that say "I done that" though)

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Well, that sucks that an injury has reduced your income. But it still doesn't explain why you are making personal digs at people and their cars. This is a community of people with similar interests. This is an off-topic conversation right now, so why start heaping s*** on other people because you don't like what they said?

well if I called you stupid what would your response be .

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
the prices at auto stores when you can go online and get the same thing delivered to your door a lot cheaper

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Most(not all) online stores have very low overheads, they usually operate out of their bedroom/shed, or similar.
Or rely on big volumes to keep margins low.
I am not trying to defend auto stores, even though I work in one. I still buy a lot of my bits online.
Its a bit hard to shop online on the weekend if you need the part then and there.

Oh, and I hate school teachers:boxing:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
the prices at auto stores when you can go online and get the same thing delivered to your door a lot cheaper

An Auto Store is exactly like every other business. It has overheads of rent electricty etc etc.

An Ebay store? Very little.

But most auto stores arent there to sell to people who can wait a few days. Theyre there to service people who need it pretty quick.

Supercheap, Autobarn and to a lesser extent Repco, are also the only places that also try and cater to the retail portion of the industry as well. Burson, Repco, R&E all have a very strong trade prescense and they primarily look out for them.

When I worked at Burson, we flat out ripped retail. Flat out ripped. Like im talking 75% gross profit on some items. But they did have awesome staff prices. I still miss them.

Irukanji

101% Lunacy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Exec LS1 A4
People doing 68km/h(with stock chip)...either speed up or slow down ffs the gearbox wasn't designed to be stuck behind retards in a city. And on the fwy, people doing 105km/h until they reach a bridge, then slow right down to 80km/h(Perth drivers can relate)

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
With the whole ebay Supercheap ebay 20% thing last weekend I spent all Sunday trying to explain to customers why products were one price on the ebay and another in store. Made for a fun day lol.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
must be store depending gren.
my local bursons gave me a great price that if bought elsewhere wouldn't have saved me more than enough to buy a pub parma :p

Last edited:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
must be store depending gren.
my local bursons gave me a great price that if bought elsewhere wouldn't have saved me more than enough to buy a pub parma :p

Its not store dependent.

However, we could change prices if we wanted. It was at our discrection if we wanted to give trade discount (and more often than not we did because we knew retail prices were absurd).

The trade discount is pretty decent as Burson looks after the trade. There are I think four over the counter price levels. Retail, Valued Customer, Trade and Trade Plus. They ream retail to make up the cost.