Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

zoenryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 , VZ Wagon V6, VE Saloon V6 LPG, VX V6
So i get on the bus this morn and after a couple of stops she is full. Lady in her 50s daygets on as she often does. No where to sit. So i look to see if any of the 30 plus teenager's will give her a seat. Nup little punks. I gave her my seat as i had planned to before we got to her stop as i already as i was pretty sure no one else would. But like Reaper says in a meme in pic of the day, have words with them and they need mummys shoulder to cry on....
Hey - I am in my early 60's - was on a crowded tram one day (standing) and this young female asian teenager caught my eye and - offered me her seat ! - Laughed my head of but declined and thanked her profusely. At least some parents still bring up their kids the right way !

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Publicans who think they are God. String you out for 18 months on invoice, you demand payment to be told owner “doesn’t want to pay”.
18 months later you get a judgement, weasels out of it, a year later goes to district, sets aside, becomes a Supreme Court default and get judgement on that, costs you 50% more than invoice. Still doesn’t pay.
Have to enforce judgement (bailiff etc) quicker to wind-up.
Thinking of vigilante action all the way, finally get cheque in mail today five years after invoices due.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, your laws are fucked up. My missus won't deal with Aussie accounts via her work, especially dept recovery.

Over here, my missus would have bankrupted the bastard and taken his house in payment.... ;)

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, some people suck so much you literally want to skin and quarter them alive ( and that's still not a good enough punishment)
Always remember working for my ol man (plumbing) straight out of school, did all the plumbing on a brand new house for this guy (seemed like the nicest person) at the time, and he refused to pay , father took him to court ,never got what he should have, ( cost him), Think it almost cost him the business and ol man was nicest , most trusting person who I think up until that point didn't even consider someone could do that sort of thing to someone.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah when I worked for myself i thought I was going to be done over. Lady employed me to install over 2000 in garden beds. I employed my nephew to help as it was a big job taking two full days and around 1000 bucks in materials. I completed the job expecting her to pay and she was like we done have the money. I was ropeable as i still had to pay my nephew plus materials. Took two weeks and she finally paid but not before having a go at me and me calling her a few times. I was shocked i mean you don't walk into Coles and get to the checkout and say i don't have the money but i want the groceries anyway.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah ,some people unfortunately are just the lowest form of scum, who aren't worth pissin on if they're on fire .
( and both fortunately and unfortunately they're the ones you remember), especially once you've met one and they've burnt you.
Fortunately the majority of people I think have a conscience and a sense of right and wrong and therefore do the right thing

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is more common than you think, how do you think rich people get rich? Well I can tell you many don't pay their bills and will use any excuse to get out of it.

My missus does debt collection as part of her job, anything from chasing the private individual to some of the largest companies in NZ and I hear about all the tricks they try, the sad part is that in many cases the law covers them and 99% of the time it's the workers or individuals who loose out.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Need to consider the diminishing of the Currency Purchasing Power. Some are resposible but have no choice to default. Seen many in the US that let the bank take whatever they have because the living cost goes higher due to inflation and wages not keeping up. Some just sit on their home waiting eviction or restructure their loans (happens very often). All that does is kick the can down the road. Is going to get worse...

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ohh golly gosh, and here I thought the US was prospering under Trump...

TBH that sounds like hogwash, when I purchased my last house, I didn't just consider the current interest rate but what will happen if interest rates go up etc. It's also very poor form for banks to lend without doing their due diligence and ensuring the customer has some means to pay should the conditions change for the worse.

Sounds like the US didn't learn much from the last GFC and the sub-prime mortgage debacle...

My wages have not kept up with real inflation in the last few years but I was smart enough to not put myself in a position where it was going to effect how I live unlike my brother in law who is close to loosing his house due to the poor decisions made over many years.