Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
And those same standards will be mandated for all countries right?

Who knows? There will probably be some pressure applied indirectly and companies will be pressured to prove evidence of their supply chain (a bit like they are pressured not to use child labour).

The world isn’t a fair place at all, so I wouldn’t get too hung up on what others are doing (we don’t have a lot of control over them), but we can control what we do ourselves. Consumers will vote with their money. Some will decide to buy an EV (and save money) and others will decide not to.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Coal emissions will also appear on the end user's ledger.

Lots of similar double dipping under the new ESG requirements for scopes 1, 2 & 3.

For that accounting to be credible, double dipping needs to be removed.

Absolutely, we could argue black and blue over accounting standards, and who will do what and when, who’ll pay the cost, and what’s fair, etc. But it’s very clear where the future of coal and other fossil fuels is - zero (or very close to).

Only the fossil fuel industry (and their lackeys News Corp and Sky News, and I probably should include the National Party) would have anyone believe differently. The natural gas industry seems to be doing a ‘dying gasp‘ advertising campaign to slightly prolong their future in the electricity grid.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Two things from this morning .............
Drivers who think that the Top10 Shootout at Bathurst is the same as a supermarket carpark >>> Usually women.
Drivers who think it is OK to leave their car at the servo pump, while they make a coffee, and look for a snack >>> Usually men.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Two things from this morning .............
Drivers who think that the Top10 Shootout at Bathurst is the same as a supermarket carpark >>> Usually women.
Drivers who think it is OK to leave their car at the servo pump, while they make a coffee, and look for a snack >>> Usually men.
......And it's normally women in their Mazda SUV's and men in there multi-storey dual cabs.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
F... me. Australians using the term "college". We have universities & TAFE's, not colleges.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
F... me. Australians using the term "college". We have universities & TAFE's, not colleges.
Times are a changin, get used to words that are different to what you think is acceptable :)

Our society for the past 2 odd generations has been a lot more heavily influenced by North America due to globalisation than the UK like previous generations before that.

I can guarantee my niece and nephew both both 16-18 years old have probably never seen a british TV show.

They also say Candy, Santa, and pronounce lesiure as Leesure.

Theres nothing wrong with it, just because we adpoted ways of saying things from the British doesn't mean thats the right way to do it, we aren't British, we are Australian we should take parts of whatever cultures we want and make it our own, children will be a product of the environment they are raised in, and we have very little ties to UK heritage anymore, we are our own nation slowly building our own identity rather than living our lives in the shadow of the UK.

Think about it, before about the mid 70's the bulk of TV and media that wasn't made locally was imported from the UK, so those generations were moulded by British pop culture, and also kids had parents that were generally migrants or children of migrants from the UK. We didn't have the world at our fingertips where we could be exposed to hundreds of cultures rather than 1.

This is why I can't wait for the next time we can vote to be a republic, we should have nothing to do with the monarchy or the British in 2024.

Same as how younger generations eat burgers and fries, burritos, fried chicken etc instead of sunday roasts or sausage and mash etc. For older generations a cup of tea was a daily ritual adopted from the british but I reckon that nobody under the age of 25 would have even tasted tea. They have no ties themselves to UK culture, they weren't raised with it, so we shouldn't be trying to force it down their throats.

I personally loathe the fact that older generations are trying to desperately cling on to Australia's UK heritage and have such a melt down when younger generations don't have an understanding of it. We were all products of our time, when the older generations have a rant about halloween being American and it shouldn't exist here for example. Well neither should kidney pies, thats British. GenZ and younger particularly has been born into a world where Halloween exists and is shown to them from a young age in the media etc, you can't then start attacking them for supporting something thats different from when you were a kid, they were born into it, to them it's normal.

I'm guilty of it with cars. I say headers instead of extractors, rear end instead of diff and have said numerous times whats under the hood I also say trash instead of rubbish.

Who knows in 50 years, Chinese could be the normal language and culture for Australia and they'll be laughing at current generations for their American lingo.

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
That's odd cause in 1966 I went to a TAFE College for my apprenticeship training.
I understand you not knowing that as it was 35 years before you were born.
Just saying.