Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
this might be a shock, but a number of people don't care 'what' they drive. They want it to be the right size/fit for purpose, within budget to purchase, & to run.
2nd hand ICE or EV can fulfil those requirements for a number of people. Crisp has it, when we start to see the ex lease EVs hit the lots, there will be a ton more interest in 2nd hand EVs.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
this might be a shock, but a number of people don't care 'what' they drive. They want it to be the right size/fit for purpose, within budget to purchase, & to run.
2nd hand ICE or EV can fulfil those requirements for a number of people. Crisp has it, when we start to see the ex lease EVs hit the lots, there will be a ton more interest in 2nd hand EVs.

Yep, many just don’t care.

To go a little further, I used wonder why people took up novated leases as I found the savings fairly minimal, but the commitment pretty high. My old boss (a very wise fellow) pointed out one big advantage of leasing - all you have to do is pick a car, and sign a piece of paper, and then wait. No shopping, no dealing with sales people, no negotiating on prices. Just sign up and a car will arrive. People will pay for convenience, and if they think they are saving tax, then that’s a bonus (just don’t tell them that the lease company is charging a bomb for the finance).

And when the lease term is up, the lease company will make it a very easy process to ‘change over’ the car for a new one (on a new lease of course).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Agree, but my comments were more around what they will go for. The reason why V8s command greater prices is because they are more desirable. Sure lots of people just want something cheap and will drive a Kia. But for something to hold more value there has to be something desirable about it. It would be interesting time ahead because I don't know that a high end Tesla would necessarily be very sought after when it's 10 years old, which is when we will see more people able to afford SH EVs.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
For a lot of the younger generations the car is just an object to get you from point A to point B. Nothing more, nothing less. The bells and whistles are more important!

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Don't care ? or don't know ??
A lot of people go into a car yard/dealership on Saturday morning and own another car before lunch, why ?
because it looks so nice/it is newer/it smells nice/the salesman was so helpful/ just love the colour/lookatme/lookatme/lookatme
I've got a new car, oh you're so lucky, I envy you, and so on and so on and so on.

Most people have no idea about cars as long as they think they are happy then that is all that matters, well at least for a couple of days then reality sets in and they are depressed yet again when they realise they have to pay for the new thing that made them so happy.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Gotta love that "new car" smell.

If only they bottled and sold it!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
My wife is one of those don't care people, sort of.. Yes she loves the ve, tolerates the ute and won't drive the vh. However she would be just as happy driving a corolla or any car for that matter. As long as it gets her from point a to point b with no fuss then she is happy.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Gotta love that "new car" smell.

If only they bottled and sold it!
In the late 80’s you could buy a can of new car smell which replenished the VOC that gave cars that distinctive “new“ smell. I vaguely remember it was “cockpit” branded. The only problem was that the stuff was carcinogenic so it was pulled from the market :p

Todays “new car scents” are less VOC and more ”flowery scents” which are supposed to be new car like but they have lost some of their authenticity by looking after our health :p

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240423_170725_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240423_170725_Chrome.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 20