Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

think i'm hard done by????

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Gotta love the name of the fine...creating undue noise through manner of operation.

I lived on the Goldy years ago and and copped that fine for on different occassions. One for airhorns and one for a burnout...bizarre.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Up here they impound cars for spinning their tyres under the 'hooning' laws and I read where Townsville had the highest number impounded per capita. Best ways to avoid losing points (apart from the obvious) is to basically make sure you blend into the background and never, never attract attention. If pulled over always always be polite and obliging as they are in control! They are trained how to deal with smart-asses and probably enjoy getting their own back on them. You probably made 2 errors - first was you entered the road when it was unsafe (the 4X4 approaching) and then you had to accellerate in a manner that spun your tyres (in police eyes that is losing control) so even if you hadn't spun the tyres they would have noticed you entering the road without 'due care and attention'.
This may sound crazy but you probably got off lightly - the other cop who eyeballed your car would have no trouble finding a defect if he really wanted to - it can be as simple as a windscreen wiper blade being worn or a stonechip in the drivers line of vision.
With a manual V6 I don't think I'd have any points left at all - and I'm over 3 times your age!...Good Luck and apologies for sounding patronising.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
got lucky imho.

you could of been done for hoon laws if they wanted to get narky.

had my car sideways one day, got off with $150 + 3 points for undue noise. could of been done under hoon laws and wreckless driving. cr and license out the window. i thank the cop for having some pity but the fine was a big lesson.

zegerman said:
ne1 else got ne thoughts on how to avoid the men in blue?
easy. own a car like mine. :p havent had any random pull overs even on my P's

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Gday

you get your 2 points back in a year, so there's a bit of luck

I haven't noticed coppers too keen for defects here in sunny QLD. Just sppeding mainly. There are department of transport vehicles which will cordon off an area and pul over suspect cars (anything that's not a volvo or std wheels)

I really haven't heard of or seen them go too nuts with defects though- things like a windscreen chip, no water in the washer, wiper blades etc. I think that's one thing I can say- they tend to go for obvious stuff- ride height, rims outside guards, etc. Real defect stuff, not time wasting bullshit

oh yeah I dont think it's fair, but its to be expected- welcome to the new world of road law. Legalistic and totalitarian, blame driven and unforgiving. As stated before- blending in (no exhaust, common colours, common cars, driving in a certain manner etc) is your best friend....believe me.....

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
when i first got my P's in sydney i use to get pulled over every friday and saturday night(in my lancer) without fail but it was weird because it seemed the more modified the lancer got the less i got pulled over. and i havnt been pulled over much at all in my sv6

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
zegerman said:
hey boys and girls :dance: i hope u all had a good day :thumbsup:... ok so this is what happened... last nite i was at the servo, now the driveway to this servo is kinda steep fo about 5 meters... as i left i was rolling down the driveway 1st gear (i hav a manual) with clutch out and as i got to the road i looked left and saw a 4x4, so i gave it a lil bit to get infront of it without stopping my car... as i took of from a rolling start my tires screeched for about 2 - 4 seconds... there was a coppa behind me... :bang: he pulled me up and gave me a $240 fine and 2 points for undue nosie... im 17 on my p's and drive a v6 vs... was that fair?? and i was interested if ne1 else feels they've been unfairly done by the police??

Hard done by??? maybe. Stupid??? Definatly. Be happy thats the only thing you got done for.

Reaper

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
im not sayin what i did was rite, but i was just wonderin about the fine?? by the sounds of it, it was a fair fine going by what everyone has to say... im gonna pay the money and take the points.. and as patrio7 said it just a lesson on my part...

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
bit of a 'wrong place - wrong time' thing i reckon. i meen it wasnt dangerous but the wheels squeling would almost automaticly be a reason or the cops to giv you some kind of cauotion. oww well m8 only 2 points, still got 10 left.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
bit of a 'wrong place - wrong time' thing i reckon. i meen it wasnt dangerous but the wheels squeling would almost automaticly be a reason or the cops to giv you some kind of cauotion. oww well m8 only 2 points, still got 10 left.