Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

think i'm hard done by????

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
hako said:
I'm not sure but I don't think they can get you for a burnout on private property - only a public road. They could have asked the servo blokes to make a complaint but they'd be crazy to do that! At a servo you could always say there was oil on the driveway!:whistling

yeh i heard that it has 2 be on a public road aswel

D

Darrell

VS Diff.

Hi good holden people, iam a new owner of a second hand vs ute and the diff is on the way out. im wondering if the sedan diffs are the same as ute. Mine is a 3;08 lsd and im thinking if i get a cheap non lsd and put in while i get the lsd rebuilt and then change em back. Do you think this is a good idea? Thanks.

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
darrel that is so freakin random it just not funny????... you guys wood not believe this but last nite i was goin up the hyway... doin 110 in a 110 zone and it was just me... no1 infront no1 behind... and i got flashed!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! does this mean i'll lose it??? i wasnt speeding!!!! im a lil worrie??? it been such a crap week!!!

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
well ummm be prepared for it...

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
zegerman said:
darrel that is so freakin random it just not funny????... you guys wood not believe this but last nite i was goin up the hyway... doin 110 in a 110 zone and it was just me... no1 infront no1 behind... and i got flashed!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! does this mean i'll lose it??? i wasnt speeding!!!! im a lil worrie??? it been such a crap week!!!

could your spedo possibly be out a little?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
sirVkcalais said:
yeh i heard that it has 2 be on a public road aswel

i think the law is on a road or road related area

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Oil - no oil, it matters little, actually doing a burnout is not caused by oil, even if gallons of it were on the concrete, it's caused by the fool with the heavy right foot on the gas pedal, just cop it sweet and learn to look first next time.

Cops are an item we need, unfortunately they are found when not needed, and when needed they are never in sight.

Someone mentioned the definition of public and private areas, pulling out onto the road is 99.9% public, your screwed, just pay up and don't do it again.

For the doubters I was on a dirt bike in an area of open scrub before it was developed, the charge ? operate an unregistered motorcycle on a public road, to wit the area bounded by bla bla rd and bla bla st.

Now while I had taken my race bike there on a registered trailer with another guy to setup our bikes for the following sunday and the other 20 or so riders messing about there were all on race or unregistered trail bikes and many were just kids with no license at all, I as it happened was disqualified at the time from an unrelated matter, guess what, the charge of driving while disqualified stuck and another $1,000 and an extra year was added.

OK now while the cop that took my name that day at the "Cem" near the Great western Highway at Blacktown was there at Penrith court, he actually came over to me and apologised as he was not to know I was disqualified and he knew I was not literally on the road and had done bugger all (actually leaning on a stopped bike doing nothing) however the way the law is worded I had ridden on a public road and had indeed broken the law, so I would give your chances at fighting the charge at less than - 500% or roughly buckleys.

Cop it sweet.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I went over a roundabout at 11pm on a Tuesday night and cop saw me from way behind (he had x-ray vision or something) and got 2 points and $179. Will not be doing that again:(

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
sirVkcalais said:
could your spedo possibly be out a little?
i dunno??? its all stock running gear.. no mags, no nothin... all ive done is cold air intake... i still cant believe i got done 2 times in 3 days!!!! WHAT DO THEY HAV AGAINST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :realangry

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
actually the law reads something like 'intentionally ' losing traction... hence the oil would give reason as to why someone 'ununtentionally' spun the tyres...