Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of selling the SS

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Because there is no VZ Supercharged Calais from factory.

your shitting me? if thats the case, Holden dealers are lying bastards!!. Ive never really looked under the bonnet coz dad tends to keep me away from it. Dad bought it in 07 and that was their selling point. a supercharged calais. It was a executive driven car. Its badged as 190kw under the side indicators.... guess i should google some stuff about vz calais before i start suggesting cars :whistling

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Yep not supercharged

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Do you know if the Fairmont Ghia's can have the XR6 turbo engine? If so then I'd definately be looking at that, luxury and an awesome drive train

unfortunatly, the Ghia did not get the turbo option (the FG did - G6E-T) but FPV did put out the Force 6 and Force 8 which was basically a Fairmont Ghia with either the 270kw Turbo engine or the 290kw GT engine.
Prices are still over the 40k mark so its out of my league.

Grennan, id be looking at 15k for the SS.

Some interesting ideas have been raised.
i like the LWB's and the Calais as well - everything a car could offer.
BMW has crossed my mind many times too, but if you knew where i lived and where i work, it would attract the wrong attention (in house joke :whistling)

i even had a look at some Hondas last night too, just dont know if i could happily live with a FWD car.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
your shitting me? if thats the case, Holden dealers are lying bastards!!. Ive never really looked under the bonnet coz dad tends to keep me away from it. Dad bought it in 07 and that was their selling point. a supercharged calais. It was a executive driven car. Its badged as 190kw under the side indicators.... guess i should google some stuff about vz calais before i start suggesting cars :whistling

190kw = N/A alloytec. not supercharged. supercharged ecotec L67 engines stopped with the VY

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International

the vz calais 6 was 190kw, so not only not a factory fitted supercharged, but as f1tzy said, not supercharged at all (< unless the previous owner supercharged it and left the badges on)

as for your options davway, I would be looking at either a VZ Calais V8, a WL or WK Caprice, orrr my personal favorite would be a VT series 2 Senator.

I know exactly what you mean about liking those little insignificant luxuries that you never really use but you know theyre there :p i do drive a calais afterall haha, and i reckon if your going to get a hsv, it has to be a senator

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I've driven an LS1 WL Caprice, VY Senator Signature, VY SS.

The Caprice is like a limo, really huge, luxurious, has TV's, looks great lowered and you can pile all your mates in. Only thing is it's big and feels a little boatish.
The Senator has more power than the Caprice stock, has stiffer suspension and is more rigid on the road. Not as much room but plenty of luxury and looks good too.
The SS (my car) doesn't offer luxury wise what either of these cars do but is still a very nice car to drive. I think the VY was a huge upgrade over the VX. Much nicer interior and better looking, so i wouldn't knock back the thought of a newer SS. Get a VY/VZ with climate control and leather seats and i think you will be very happy with it.

All of the above will fall into your budget.

If you want luxury and quality, Ford definitely are not the way to go... Holden have much nicer interiors and build quality.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
do they VY and VZ SS have climate control?