Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This made me think... Read it slowly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
As soon as you can find a way of figuring out if people are concentrating, other than crashed cars then it could be done, but how are you going to change what they do anyway, some just have limited ability to concentrate. How about we just stop all the kids that couldnt stay focused at school from driving? who knows, perhaps there are stats that tell us they have more accidents.:w00t:

In a perfect world we could all travel as fast as we like, but people make mistakes, misjudgements........thats why we have speed limits, to actually keep in check the consequences of the mistakes.

but their are also the situations where the police or who ever is in charge of the situation, will "manipulate" it...
A) You are doing 80 in a 60 zone and a child runs onto the road, you kill her, charged with speeding and possibly murder.
B) You are doing 80 in a 60 zone and a cat runs onto the road, stiff ****...

Both are the same thing, but because one is "just a cat" they don't believe it's worthy or anything...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
As a police officer I attend loads of accidents that are attributed to speed. Most end up off the road in someone's front lawn against another parked car or a tree.

Now just imagine if your son our daughter was playing in the front yard at the time the speeding motorist came crashing thru your front door.

Not so long ago in WA a drunk speeding motorist struck a mum and a baby in a pram who were just retreiving the mail from the mail box.

Sadly the baby died. In your widsom, was it the mothers fault for taking the baby with her to check the mail or the speeding driver who lost control of his car............

So the mother was checking her mail on the road? had the mother left the bay on the road then yes I would blame the mother...clearly she wasn't on the road which is a different kettle of fish. The fact the driver was drunk, should make it murder. Speeding however, I doubt was the cause, the fact he was drunk was probably the main factor. Thanks for proving my point on it though.

Perhaps read what I actually said instead of flicking and guessing.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
As a police officer I attend loads of accidents that are attributed to speed. Most end up off the road in someone's front lawn against another parked car or a tree.

Now just imagine if your son our daughter was playing in the front yard at the time the speeding motorist came crashing thru your front door.

Not so long ago in WA a drunk speeding motorist struck a mum and a baby in a pram who were just retreiving the mail from the mail box.

Sadly the baby died. In your widsom, was it the mothers fault for taking the baby with her to check the mail or the speeding driver who lost control of his car............

not to jump into an argument that isn't mine, but a speeding DRUNK driver that loses control is alot different from a speeder in control that his someone running on the road, or another obsticle that comes into their way

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
So the mother was checking her mail on the road? had the mother left the bay on the road then yes I would blame the mother...clearly she wasn't on the road which is a different kettle of fish.

Once again, way to twist words.

How is it a twist of words, the mother simply went to her letter box with her baby.

The speeding driver lost control of his car, mounted the kerb, slid across the verge and struck two innocent persons going about thier normal lives.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
:rofl: No the DRUNK driver who happened to be speeding lost control. Can you prove without a doubt that had the guy been sober and speeding that the accident would of occurred?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
policehoon, I am not condoning speeding, I am just sick to death of it being blamed for everything. You did it yourself. Clearly the drunk driver was the main factor, the speeding was a secondary factor.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
but their are also the situations where the police or who ever is in charge of the situation, will "manipulate" it...
A) You are doing 80 in a 60 zone and a child runs onto the road, you kill her, charged with speeding and possibly murder.
B) You are doing 80 in a 60 zone and a cat runs onto the road, stiff ****...

Both are the same thing, but because one is "just a cat" they don't believe it's worthy or anything...

Yes, just as if your pet got poisoned, police arent going to do much about it.

perhaps the owner of the cat could take civil action and there would be a case to answer.......be interesting.

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
:rofl: No the DRUNK driver who happened to be speeding lost control. Can you prove without a doubt that had the guy been sober and speeding that the accident would of occurred?

How many accidents have you attended????. Investigated in what caused the accident??????

Its true, accidents are caused by a myriad of circumstances, speed, alcohol, drugs, inattention, falling asleep, mechanical failure, road conditions, stupidity, ability (lack of) etc etc.

But the one that strikes the most as the main cause in a accident is speed, closely followed by inattention, road conditions, stupidity.

Of the last 10 motor bike fatilities I have attended, everyone of them was due to speed.

People crash cars all the time and the majority of the time, its just a fender bender, put excessive speed in the mixture, its normally a fatality.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
studdies conducted by aami that 48% of all accidents of day to day activity's are directly
related to ppl looking at their speedo's instead of where they are going!!
so yes a lot of accident's are speed related.

Status
Not open for further replies.