Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This made me think... Read it slowly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
You think it will change me? I have seen things that would make you curl in your sleep. You think the accidents you have seen are gruesome? You haven't seen anything.

What the hell has it got to do with what you have seen, this is not a ****ing contest on who has seen the most gruesome.

But for future referance, just how old are you, what example can you give for an accident that caused serious injury or death, that you were involved in, and can say it was not your fault.

If you can honestly say that if you were to run over a child, killing him/her, then have no remorse or ill feelings about it, then your either a robot with no human feeling at all or a supreme being whom the whole world must bow before.

Lastly: I went to Iraq, East Timor, saw terrible things and can say it definately changed my way of thinking about my personal life, my children and to cherish the days you have left on this earth.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
If you can honestly say that if you were to run over a child, killing him/her, then have no remorse or ill feelings about it, then your either a robot with no human feeling at all or a supreme being whom the whole world must bow before.
lol not everyones a bleeding heart mate

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
We must be much closer to the Mad Max days than I thought

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
If you can honestly say that if you were to run over a child, killing him/her, then have no remorse or ill feelings about it...

Remorse implies that somehow he would hold some responsibility for the situation, and should feel sorry for it. Why should he feel sorry for his actions, which extended as far as driving within the boundaries of the law, safely and controlled, at a reasonable speed? Technically, he is not responsible, as he would not have been breaking the law, nor driving any more dangerously than any other car on the road which was following the law. The responsibility lies with the child running out, and the parents not watching them.

He would NOT be responsible for that child's wellbeing. That is the responsibility of the parents who should be taking care of the child and making sure things like this do not happen.

I'm not saying that the kid deserved it or anything like that. What I AM saying, is that although he would have been the driver who hit the kid, it would not be his fault that it had happened. A pragmatic mind accustomed to thinking clearly in an emotional situation would be able to see that yes it had happened, no it's not a good thing, BUT the driver had not done anything wrong to cause the accident. As such, they may feel sorrow for the child and their family, but not feel responsible for the situation, ergo feel no remorse.

metalfossil

Reaction score
I'm not saying that the kid deserved it or anything like that. What I AM saying, is that although he would have been the driver who hit the kid, it would not be his fault that it had happened. A pragmatic mind accustomed to thinking clearly in an emotional situation would be able to see that yes it had happened, no it's not a good thing, BUT the driver had not done anything wrong to cause the accident. As such, they may feel sorrow for the child and their family, but not feel responsible for the situation, ergo feel no remorse.

So Stressball, you've run over someone and killed them have you? I consider myself pragmatic, but after killing someone with my tram and knowing there was **** all I could've done about it, I went to pieces.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
So Stressball, you've run over someone and killed them have you? I consider myself pragmatic, but after killing someone with my tram and knowing there was **** all I could've done about it, I went to pieces.

Then more fool you... Not your fault buddy. Why give a s**t?

metalfossil

Reaction score
Then more fool you... Not your fault buddy. Why give a s**t?

And there in is the whole problem with this thread/arguement. There are people that are affected/give a **** and those that don't.

How do you know how you would react CSP unless it happens to you? Have you ever killed someone with a vehicle you've been driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.