Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

this newbie needs some basic exhaust advice

wog_man96

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE Ute SV6
Hey chaps,
I have come to the conclusion that i need to do something with my VE ute's exhaust system. i have been doing some research and have found it somewhat helpful however i just need a little advice specific to my situation. so here's what i have...

i bought a used 2008 SV6 Ute a few months back now, i was fortunate enough to get it as a first car! I am interested in spending a little a little money on something that will enrich the sound of the engine. I have learned that it is probably a bad idea to do anything too serious such as replacing entire sections of the exhaust system. I was thinking something along the lines of a more free flowing muffler. Without going into too much detail, I just want something that will make it a bit louder, and a bit more lively because it sounds pretty dull and dreary as it is now. Also, i don't want it to sound too obnoxious so that people herald it as the approach of an incoming moron :) if you understand what i mean. A 17 year old wog P-plater in a Ute that sounds like a riced up Nissan probably isn't the best option, just want it to be tastefully noticeable :)

So if anyone can give me a few pointers or suggestions and if possible an idea of where to go and what the costs are, it would be a big help.
Aaron,