Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

this should be a crime

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
hahaha well lets see,

HUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Cheers
Mat

Uncle.H

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Ute
juzza said:
I wonder, a spoiler like that.. I know it wouldn't do anything at speeds below 100km/h, but over 100km/h.. anything? I always thought real racing/sports cars rely on a splitter/diffuser for the downforce?!
It would bend alot LMAO....But in answer to you Q. NO its only gunna cause drag of and alot of drag at that..

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
He will earn his wings with that set up.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
"Adjustable for required downforce"??????? :rofl: :rofl:

What a wank, seeing as how "aerodynamics" on a passenger vehicle are there purely to reduce wind noise and make it quieter for the occupants and for styling purposes...
True "aerodynamic effect" doesn't start to happen until waaaaay over the speed limit, up around 160km/hr+ I have heard, so hanging wings and spoilers off a street car isn't going to make it go one kilometer faster...race car yes, street car, save your money or do it for the looks.

This is why you see old squared off dungers like EH and HR Holdens fitted with something like an Ecotec or a big Kingswood from the seventies with a 5.7 EFI current engine getting the same fuel economy as a new car...if not better because they are usually lighter than a new Commodore the engine came out of.

That wing is something else.... :D

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Preparing to see this wing on a commodore somewhere.

sweet jesus thats a horrible wing, gotta love how the guy selling it doesnt want it so hes just got it sitting on the boot. unless he's an absolute tool that thinks it looks good with the stock wing as well

its a crime allright.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
I think someone needs to ease up off the crack pipe..

If I see that clown on the road I'll be sure to suck that dodgy spoiler right off the boot as I blow by at full throttle.. haha

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Writing this at work, just had to, because on the way to work, I actually aw what I would swear is the identical type of wing on both a VN Commodore and, better yet, a little old Hyundai Excel!!!!!! Bloody great tall spoiler with alloy supports, screwed into the thin tin of the bootlid! Oh yes, I bet they are most useful on that Excel as it blasts by at mind-warping speeds...because you need all that downforce for traction...except of course it's front wheel drive, so maybe someone should suggest he bolt it to the bonnet... :w00t: :D :D .
Also, it had an intake scoop in the middle of the bonnet, and once again, as with middle-bonnet scoops I see on falcons, Commodores, and Jap stuff, what the hell is it feeding? The airbox is always down near the front right or left side of the bonnet, and nothing is underneath the center of the bonnet at all. (apart from a WRX Impreza, where the intercooler is of course). :D :D :D :D

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Just lowers the underbonnet temps that little bit. Pretty silly though when half the scoops don't even have a whole cutting into the bonnet.

How funny is that vs though, it looks like the biggest heap I've ever heard.

Wire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 94
lmao yer i culd just imagine him mashing the gas pedal and whatching his whole boot ripp off hahah oh well some ricer will buy it and there is profit to be made.