Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thoughts on Repco

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Hey guys, I've used Repco fuel, oil, air filters over the years and they have all seemed ok. I read yesterday, though that some people won't use them. What are your thoughts/experiences with them? Thre's a sale on ATM and I was going to buy one of thier air filters, but just thought I'd get some opinions.

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
Personally I only use genunie holden oil and fuel filters have had issues with repco and supercheap auto filters in the past

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Who knows?
You have to have Sherlock Holmes detective abilities sometimes to sus who supplies these 'home brand' service items.
You'll find the oils are a known brand Aussie supplier. Providing the specs are what your vehicle requires (or better) I'd have no worries using it if the price is OK.
Filters come from countries all over the world. China and South Africa I've noticed lately.

But hey... genuine Holden bits come from all over too. Wherever GM have assembly plants.
Australia, Mexico, Korea, Elbonia.... :)

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Ryco filters are better
Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree. Just thinking of the Repco one, as funds are tight and they're on special. I havn't had issues with thier oil filters, but just can't remember what the air filters are like, as I usually use Ryco or Valvoline ones.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I think the Repco ones will be fine, I remember reading that Fram, a well known brand had a faulty batch of filters. So really no one is safe.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got a few Valvoline oil filters on special from Ricerbarn a while back at $2.99 ea.
You can save yourself a shipload if you can buy your service items when they're on sale.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I'm running a Repco oil filter at the moment, it was cheaper and needed and I haven't had a problem.

PROBLEM?

umadbro?
Reaction score
Members Ride
commo
lol genuine is usually made by the same people.i've seen it at work ones worth $20 the other is genuine an it's worth $70,open up the genuine an it has the same after-market part number stamped on it with the same brand of the after market,i loled.

it's retarded buying genuine filters because you think they're better,do you honestly think holden has they're own filter factory?or do they just out source to suppliers?

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
The better quality oil filters have more folds in the filter paper. More tightly packed.