Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thrifty Car Rental now has SSV Redlines

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
A work mate brought this to my attention today. I was quite surprised as in the past, the best you could get from any of the mainstream companies was an SV6, Calais V6 or a V8 Caprice if you were lucky.
Something tells me there are going to be a lot of severely thrashed Redlines hitting the used car market in the not too distant future.:D
tmp_4726-Screenshot_20170208-105215-1076871899.png

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
A work mate brought this to my attention today. I was quite surprised as in the past, the best you could get from any of the mainstream companies was an SV6, Calais V6 or a V8 Caprice if you were lucky.
Something tells me there are going to be a lot of severely thrashed Redlines hitting the used car market in the not too distant future.:D
View attachment 190060

wonder if people will hire them as track day cars, might become as sort after as the 350GT Shelby!
LOL.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
$89.34 for an SV6 vs $90.60 for a Redline ... it's hard to believe they're Redlines, given the insurance & purchase-price difference between a Redline & an SV6.

I do have to rent something in New Zealand in March, as soon as I saw this thread I rushed off to the Thrifty NZ site in excitement ... unfortunately, not there! :(

TypHooning

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF MKII XR6T
Huh, my old man was telling me about this a few weeks ago - actually it was in relation to the Tesla Model S being available. Apparently it was advertised in a recent NRMA publication (Open Road, I'm guessing)?

Pretty great offer for someone like me who needs to touch and play with every little thing on a toaster before he buys, never mind a car.

/edit: Just ran through the booking system. $33.18/day for a weeks worth of SSVR Sedan driving, from Brisbane to my regional town in NSW. $351.xx all up after various fees and junk are added in, without any discounts (RACQ etc.) applied.

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Dont they have ridiculous excesses?

Wouldnt take to a track day though. Pretty sure that will not be allowed even though wont tell them.

Think most insurances dont cover at track days anyway

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Dont they have ridiculous excesses?

Wouldnt take to a track day though. Pretty sure that will not be allowed even though wont tell them.

Think most insurances dont cover at track days anyway
Most insurance doesn't cover track days, driver training days are a bit hazy though (eg. someone is teaching you how to drive in your road car but you're on a race track doing it). I imagine that haziness is a total "definitely not" for rental cars though.

One positive (there aren't many!) of the oversized mortgages so many of us have is the fact that a helluva lot of us have "Platinum" grade credit cards; check the details beforehand, of course, but most of those cover the excess for rental-car insurance if you rent using the card. In other words, paying the extra to reduce the excess is a waste of money for most of us (because surely most people rent using a car anyway?).

AdrianClark1hv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I have never worked with them because they have very high prices. Seriously, compare their prices with the prices of other companies and you will understand what I'm talking about. It's really very expensive. I rarely rent cars, but my brother has quite a lot of experience in this and over time, he realized that one of the most reliable and cool car rental companies ... these are the guys from Car Rental 8. I became interested and I started looking for more information about this company and it turned out that this is a very popular and well-known company and the reviews that I read just amazed me !!!

Last edited: