Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle body not opening

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Another thing was when I was looking for vacuum leaks I noticed that the rocker cover connection for the breather hose from the air intake ( the one at the rear passenger side of the engine) can spin and is kind of loose? I sprayed carby cleaner around it and didn't notice revs increase, although even when I pulled the hose off and sprayed the carby cleaner straight in I still didn't notice anything with revs. Is that little elbow connection supposed to be loose like that? I can't seem to pull it out?
It couldn't be expensive, I would just replace it to be sure if I can get it out, I wouldn't have to take off the whole rocker cover would I?
If it's just the breather hose from the rocker to the air intake and it moves easy, that's normal, mine just pretty sits there. The elbow slides over some PVC on either end and does it's job. Mind you, being a VF, slightly different motor, I could be wrong.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Worth looking at the following site so you’re aware of all the VF annoyances.

But it really sounds like your issue may be the front doughnut ring which may be slightly worn/torn. AIUI, just like the rear ring, there should be no discernible deflections when pushing on the front ring by hand.

Really, the best way to be 100% sure it’s ok is remove and inspect as doing a good inspection at home when on your back can be difficult. Unfortunately, like many bolts on the VF, I believe those bolts holding the ring on the driveshaft and gearbox flange are also TTY so not reusable :oops:

Once that vibration issue is sorted, it’d be a nice car.

PS: as a sanity check, retorque your wheel nuts may for shits and giggles and check the thre wear pattern isn’t showing anything odd. Wouldn’t be the first time people have chased issues vibration and grumbling noises that were caused by loose wheel nuts or work tyres. It’s an easy no cost thing to do if you’re handy with the tools.

PPS: also worth checking with a trusted dealer (haha, year right I hear people say) that all the recalls and service bulletins have been addressed ;)