Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS body swap

kyal2019

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Commodore
Hi everyone

I have recently got my hands on a VF SS 2013 sedan with a wrecked body and I was wondering if series 1 and 2 are the same or different? Could you swap auto and put it on manual?
I'm really new to this so this may seem dumb to some, this was a drunken buy always wanted a VF and stupid drunk me got me into this haha
Any help would be much appreciated

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There's no short answer to what you've asked ... honestly it'd be a case of dealing with each problem as it arises.

I don't believe the sheetmetal differs that much between auto & manual (unsure about stuff like the clutch-pedal mountings or holes through the firewall for clutch actuator) but you'd definitely need the different interior trim parts & also the relevant computers/modules in the car would need to be correct or re-programmed. There are a lot of modules that need to communicate with each other, and whatever plugs into the gearbox will need to know it/they is/are plugged into a manual 'box.

Also if you're planning on using a body (with busted powertrain) that's not an SS then everything which communicates with your SS powertrain will need to be installed in that body, then you'll need to decide whether to swap in stuff like the SS dash.

If you decide to do this, it's certainly something that can be done, but it may not be particularly cheaper than just buying a good car, and it'll take a long time as you've got a lot of research to do before starting. I think you'll need access to someone who can re-program some of those computers/modules to communicate properly as you swap things around.
And if you need to pay someone to do more than a few tiny parts of the work, it'll definitely be cheaper to just buy a working car.