Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thumping while idling and slipping when accelerating

WhiteVe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve International
Hello all,
I’ve got a 2009 Ve International, recently had a my 4spd transmission replaced, I’ve now noticed that while sitting still, reversing or going at a low speed the car thumps, it doesn’t happen all the time. The other issue is that when i accelerate from any speed it feels like the transmission is slipping and sort of jolts, the slipping is way more frequent. Anyone got any ideas?
Thank you

Steve-2010SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE MY10 SS COMMODORE
Hello all,
I’ve got a 2009 Ve International, recently had a my 4spd transmission replaced, I’ve now noticed that while sitting still, reversing or going at a low speed the car thumps, it doesn’t happen all the time. The other issue is that when i accelerate from any speed it feels like the transmission is slipping and sort of jolts, the slipping is way more frequent. Anyone got any ideas?
Thank you
Hey mate, I would definitely be telling whoever replaced the trans, about what's going on. Or if you did it yourself, tell whoever you bought it from. Surely it would have warranty.