Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tiger mica VT Working Progress ;)

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
looks good mate.

I love tiger with black rims

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
I'm liking the black rims on the tiger too. I had a set of VS GTS rims that were painted black on my Bermuda VT for a little while and it looked good too. Sounds like you've been pretty busy, doing good though well done. It'll be nice when its finished.

SHMOOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Series 2 Executive
Thanks guys, yeah I agree, sets the colours off nicely. Yeah pretty much just try cram as many different things in as I can whilst I'm on holidays, I cant wait to finish the kit off and fix up some of the paint on it. Should look pretty nice then ;)

blocka

EXC35
Reaction score
Website
www.southerncoastcustoms.com
Members Ride
VT S L67
Did you trim the seats yourself?

SHMOOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate, extremely late reply but yes I did, took a total of 13 hours and was an absolute c*nt of a job to do.

SHMOOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Havn't been on in too long but the car has gone forwards and backwards a lot :( , Recently purchased front and rear lowered shocks & Low kings, DBA Slotted rotors front and rear and bendix premium pads that im waiting on.
In the process of ordering the rest of my manta Body kit (Finally after months and months of searching).
Organising a lot of respraying as I lost a fight with a big ass tv thrown out on the side of the road as I aquaplaned down a hill, suppose it was better then the tree next to it but has smashed my front left guard none the less.
Also managed to crack my front left rim on some ass hole potholes on the way to work so ive picked up a set of 19" chromes for $180 (bargain) to tide me over until I can find a nice set of 18" I like!
Hopefully the rest of the year is a lot nicer to my ride!

SHMOOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
The new set of shiny shoes a picked up for $180
can't say I'm a huge fan of chrome wheels but hey, it beats rolling on stockies :)

SHMOOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Havn't been on in a long time! not many updates apart from some new wheels and some paint touch ups here and there but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking :spot on:
Here's some pics, hopefully i'll get some better quality ones soon.

Last edited:

SHMOOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Over the past couple of weeks I've been slowly fixing some issues on the car, first being the the defects that have started to appear in my paintwork. The most significant being the bubbling clear on my rear spoiler and the flaking paint on the manta lip on my front bumper. The front lip was clearly a poor job (friends home job) so I expected some issues but the spoiler was a factory product and had not been resprayed at any point so I was a little annoyed at how bad it had gotten so quickly especially considering I have taken care of the body religiously since buying the car. Anyway I was quoted between $400-500 to get that and my front manta lip resprayed which I really did not want to pay so I decided to try my hand at it. I've been told that you can not get a decent result from 1k acrylic spray cans however I was determined I could bring it to a presentable finish.

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of every step so I'll try make up for it in the explanation. The photo of the initial peeling has been lost somewhere along the line, however pretty much all spots where you can see primer, was where the bubbling occurred.
All of this work was done with spray cans from autobarn and some fine rubbing compound I had lying around which I applied by hand after colour sanding with 1500 wet paper.

I started by sanding back the existing and faulty clear with 240, 600, 800 gritt paper on a sheet orbital sander.

From there I began to spray. After my first coat I noticed that some small areas began to react with the existing paint work.

I gave it a good sand with 600 grit back to plastic where I applied 3 coats of primer putty and hand sanded it back into the paintwork to remove the edge. After dealing with that issue I began once again applying the base colour and luckily it went on fine. After 4 coats of base I let it sit for 20 min and applied the clear. 1 light coat followed by 1 medium coat and 1 wet coat to finish it off gave it a nice even finish that was relatively smooth. However as anyone who has used these products before would know, the finish is very average.

After letting the clear harden for about 4 or 5 days I took to it with some 1500 grit wet sand paper on a soft block. after removing majority of imperfections and orange peel I used a wool hand pad and some light rubbing compound to buff it in sections to a shine I was happy with.

This was the finish product :spot on: