Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for some new tyres

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Pay attention to the recommended inflation on the side of the tyres.. It changes from brand to brand and tyre to tyre.. Typically if they give a max cold inflation.. That is what I pump my tyres to..

Makes it tricky when the stocky shoes say 50psi max cold, but the placard in the door says to run them at 36psi.

FWIW my stockies have 53k on them and still have plenty of life left in them, they'll get to 80 no worries.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
I paid $279 each for Michelin PS3's in 235/40/ZR18 about 3 months ago.

Man that's dirt cheap, where did you pay that? Average prices I've seen for 235/35/19 range from $480 upwards.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Man that's dirt cheap, where did you pay that? Average prices I've seen for 235/35/19 range from $480 upwards.

Bob Jane T-Mart in Frankston.

19's would obviously be more expensive than 18's, but surely not $200 more. That's crazy.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Hmm, i have received offers for Falken ZE912, Kuhmo KU31 and Michelin PS3's. I found very mixed views on the ZE912's, a lot of complaints on the Kuhmo KU31's from tread levels 50% and less and the PS3's were quoted at just over $400.00 each! Fkn ripoff.

So, i still keep searching, and searching, and searching.

I'll tell you what Mr X Man, I'm even more confused that you. I've been checking and it seems something is somehow wrong with all of them. I may even bite the bullet and stay with the Bridgestone......But then again???????????

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Makes it tricky when the stocky shoes say 50psi max cold, but the placard in the door says to run them at 36psi.

FWIW my stockies have 53k on them and still have plenty of life left in them, they'll get to 80 no worries.

I hope I'm reading that wrong....
It sounds like you are confused as to what pressure to pump tyres to... 36 - 50psi???
Dude, if this is the case DONT be pumping to anywhere near 50psi!!
Go placard pressure or maybe 1 or 2psi more depending on load, but no more.
The max psi listed on the tyres is the safe maximum pressure to avoid a blowout, not the ideal pressure.
Sorry if I've misread your post, but it really does sound like you think 50psi is a suitable amount.... and it most definitely isnt.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Bob Jane T-Mart in Frankston.

19's would obviously be more expensive than 18's, but surely not $200 more. That's crazy.

I've never actually asked about Michs at Bob Jane, I might next time I'm there for an alignment. Cheers

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
The high quote on the PS3's was from Bob Jane T-Mart.

I am surprised no-one has mentioned Goodyear. I am going to start looking at two from their range, the Eagle F1 Directional 5 and the Eagle F1 Assymetrical. Not sure what pricing they go for but it seems Goodyear seems to have the most consistent reviews out of all the other brands.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
I once got a quote online from Beaurepaires for the Goodyear Eagle F2. In 235/35/19 were $878ea and 265/30/19 were $959ea.