Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time to replace Tyres.

VZ05LUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ LUMINA
Thanks, I went to a bridgestone centre and they offered me cheap tyres like Supercats and Firestone TZ700. But they gave me the choice to buy Potenzas.

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
If you can spend the extra dollars and go with a named and proven tyre, dunlop, pirelli, goodyear, continentel etc.
Most of these other cheapies will yea feel ok, but the compounds used in these youl start to see strange things happen after a while. Kunhmos for example tend to always develop serious cracks around the sidewall, most noticeably in lowwer profiles.Others will start to distrort, bubble and sometimes completely seperate.
I used to be of the opinion that these cheaper brands are just as good as the names but that was because i had never bought actual decent tyres so dont go straight into actions after reading people telling you that maxxiss and all these chinese brands are just as good or better.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
If you can spend the extra dollars and go with a named and proven tyre, dunlop, pirelli, goodyear, continentel etc.
Most of these other cheapies will yea feel ok, but the compounds used in these youl start to see strange things happen after a while. Kunhmos for example tend to always develop serious cracks around the sidewall, most noticeably in lowwer profiles.Others will start to distrort, bubble and sometimes completely seperate.
I used to be of the opinion that these cheaper brands are just as good as the names but that was because i had never bought actual decent tyres so dont go straight into actions after reading people telling you that maxxiss and all these chinese brands are just as good or better.

What a load of CRAP.

Kunhmos for example tend to always develop serious cracks around the sidewall, most noticeably in lowwer profiles.

At least get the spelling right, it is KUMHO.
Please show us some pictures of these cracks you are talking about.
Which particular KUMHO are you referring to KU36, KU31 V70A or other.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I recently changed the tyres on my VX SS, I bought a set of Toyos, they are made in Japan and are original equipment fitting to a lot of new cars Mazda in particular.
I am very happy with them, first thing I noticed was how quiet they are compared to the Bridgestone B530's I took off, they are a Silica compound. I think from memory they were about $170 a tyre for the 235/45/17 size. Done about 10,000km on them and they seem to be quite good no complaints. Tyrepower seem to be the main distributor for them.
Link below to their web site.

http://www.toyo.com.au/Performance.htm

Luxury Vehicle Tyres

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Look im not getting into an argument about this, just read what i said and think what you want but im only speaking from experience. Yes my gramma may not be perfect but that really has nothing to do with this.
Choose to believe me or not but I am only talking from the years of experience ive had.
I never said EVERY Kumho will get this, tends to appear mainly on the ECSTA KU series.
As for photos i will definitely grab one of the next i come across.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i just bought some BLUE STREAK made by bridgestone

i can't fault them @ $99 each 17x235 plus $10 fitting and balance free rotation as often i like