Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

timmys Vc Sl/e

Timofee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Berlina
Hey there,
Here's my Vc SLE

Make / Model: Vc SL/E
Colour: some white, with some custom surface rust!
Engine Type: Red 202
Engine Mods: Extractors, pretty sure 186s cam (rebuilding engine now)
Power: enough LOL
Exhaust: Extractors, 2.5" exhaust straight through
Gearbox: 4spd Manual
Diff: Vl Dif
Brakes: Disc front and Drum Rear
Suspension: Stock other than some decent springs and shockers.
Wheels/Tyres: 15" Shitty ass 12 slotters...
Interior: Maroon :)
Stereo: Sony something or other, With 2x 12" 1000RMSW subs in the boot, run off my 2000rms Watts amp,
a 4 channel 600w amp running 4 speakers, 6.9's in the parcel shelf and 2 splits up front

Future mods:
Finish the engine
5spd Gearbox
Repainted (got the paint waiting for partners father to do it!)
new pimped rims..
general clean up.

As i literally only had the car on the road for about 3 weeks i dont really have any photos of the car itself.
So have a photo or 2 of the engine apart..
The Story behind this car is, i brought it off an old family friend, Dodgy ####, Well he put another engine in it as the old one (v8) was ####ed..
when he put the current engine in it, it was from a kingswood so he put the appropriate sump on to suit the vc, When replacing the oil pickup pipe thing he didnt do it up tight which then caused the engine to suck some air and heat up a bit, luckily i caught right onto it and #### all damage was done, in the end i could have just put it all back together and kept driving it.. but i figured whilst i had the engine out i would redo the bottom end.
One thing happened that i never heard of was the Bolts for the mains bearings cap snapped off not even under half the amount of torque said to
tighten too, so i got myself some new bolts from Og speed shop in adelaide..
i now have the bottom end together, and im putting new gaskets in for oil pump chrome side plates and ****.. due to #### all time i havent got it done, but hopefully in the upcoming week i should have it done..
more photos to come once i get it on the road and **** :)
ir841e.jpg

21cyype.jpg

Timofee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Berlina
So, I've not posted on here for a long time getting distracted with work and such then i totally forgot..
An update for anyone who was interested.. I got as far as getting the engine back in and gearbox shitting itself.. So new gearbox still 4sp few weeks in i decided it wasnt enough power and sourced myself a fj60 with a 350sbc out of a comaro.. currently in the process fabricating mounts and such to get that sucker in the engine bay ill get some photos to you guys asap. also once the engine came out i was able to see the front clip had been damaged so new old stock got myself a new front clip $120 of ebay