Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tim's VS Executive

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
The T5's can take a fair bit of torment so I've heard anyway mate. Good luck with it all, best of luck !

SlickVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Thanks mate!

Got my flywheel back from NPC yesterday, machined and mirror balanced to suit the Ecotec. Also bought one of their heavy duty organic clutch kits which includes the NPC modified pressure plate (increased clamp pressure) and a nifty steel thrust bearing carrier.

Pqr1008201200Xik.jpg

m1Q1008201200Ta9.jpg

Gave all the important bits a good degrease today and got the pedal box installed, what a job that was! Anyway I thought I'd share how I set up the cruise control switch for the clutch pedal. Rather than trying to fabricate brackets or use the large hole above the pedal (which is too close to the pivot point anyway) I made a smaller hole just below it.

fNj1008201200YrJ.jpg

By slightly overlapping into the larger hole you can easily create a factory like mount for the switch clip to sit in (highlighted in red).

This is what you are aiming for, simply wire the new switch in series with the cruise brake switch and all should be sweet!

HE31008201200eJN.jpg

PS: You will need another normally closed type switch, I used a standard brake switch above just for the picture until I get one.

SlickVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Time for an update, I have probably done around 10,000km since the conversion and the car hasn't missed a beat. Until now... Box started making a funny noise, ripped it apart and bearings were shot as suspected. Time for a rebuild!

kAeL4do.jpg

yLO0nI8.jpg

sDln2JZ.jpg

DvNey91.jpg

Almost finished now, just waiting on a few more bits from Mal Wood's and back in it goes.

SlickVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Another update! I was determined to run a twin system, despite many saying don't do it, not worth it etc. Since I'll be heading off to college soon that puts buying a nice V8 out of the question, which means holding onto the V6, and the old exhaust was not cutting it. As there are no dual exhausts for the VS V6, I decided to build my own.

Video: VS V6 Commodore Dual Exhaust - YouTube

Pacemaker's, twin cats.
JtN5oa0.jpg

Work in progress..
KMzz80q.jpg

More tacking..
RIvQ5i9.jpg

Almost done!
PBycIpY.jpg

Running 98 with the MACE memcal and this exhaust I get around 6.9-7.2l/100km on the highway, yet to do much town driving.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
That zorst sounds very quiet!
Hows the drone?

SlickVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Cheers guys!

That zorst sounds very quiet!
Hows the drone?

Virtually no drone inside the car! Almost silent at highway speeds, barley any resonance. I was driving around for a week with it dumped at the diff, waiting for the weekend to work on it again. It was that bad in the cabin that I hardly drove it anywhere, this was also before I added the flex bellows.

So somehow, the tail pipe is functioning as a resonator. Which was a complete accident.. or miracle? Will be interesting to see how it sounds once it breaks in and the inside begins to soot up.