Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinted lights!!

D

danny6424

Hey guys, I have a Vs Calais and i want to make it look better but im short on funds atm. Do u guys have any ideas on cheap visual upgrades, i was thinking maybe tinted tail lights but i heard there illegal?? Cheers, Danny.

B

BOV

danny6424 said:
Hey guys, I have a Vs Calais and i want to make it look better but im short on funds atm. Do u guys have any ideas on cheap visual upgrades, i was thinking maybe tinted tail lights but i heard there illegal?? Cheers, Danny.
Yeah dont do it unles you want to fund police revenue.

There are many others ways to improve your car's visuals, maybe add HID kit, if hats too expensive then buy some blue/greenish headlight globes, if no mags then slap on some interceptor rims haha cars drain money mate!

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
if you dont have clear fender indicators they are a good place to start nice cheap visual upgrade then maybe debadge the rear end all you need is a plastic scraper and some rubbing compound hope this helps

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
you can tint the tailights legally but don't tint them stupidly dark because that is illegal, a little darker is fine so other drivers can easily see them lit up.

R

rattattack1313

Tinted tail lights???? heheeee.. somewhat illegal , here in sunny QLD, anyway.....

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Tinted tail lights aren't illegal anywhere, providing they still meet ADRs. I can't remember each specific, but as long as they emit a red glow from 200 metres away, the boys in blue can't even touch themselves, let alone touch you :)

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
heres an idea: save up some money and go and buy a (genuine or replica) senator kit. this works especially well if your vs is a dark colour(?).

D

danny6424

Thanks for the help guys. Its a white over grey vs calais and i got those clear indicators and removed my ecotec badges. I also jus got some of those phillips headlight globes there ment to be 50% brighter or sumthing. Sorry BOV wat exactly is a HID kit? i was thinking maybe some blue LED parkers but there probably illegal too lol. I might jus tint my tail lights a little bit so its still legal. cheers!!

B

BOV

danny6424 said:
Thanks for the help guys. Its a white over grey vs calais and i got those clear indicators and removed my ecotec badges. I also jus got some of those phillips headlight globes there ment to be 50% brighter or sumthing. Sorry BOV wat exactly is a HID kit? i was thinking maybe some blue LED parkers but there probably illegal too lol. I might jus tint my tail lights a little bit so its still legal. cheers!!
High intensity discharge kit... its for your headlights... new Bemmas, Porsches, a few Hondas, Nissans have them... they are the ones that look blue/purple and light up the whole road... the catch is that they cost a few hundred at least... ranging from 300-1000 bucks. Ive got some cheap immitation xenon lamps in the VS and it looks blue/greenish, it lights up the road a lil better but still not good compared to the HID kit.

Attachments

• halogen.jpg
    halogen.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 220
  • hid.jpg
    hid.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 236
  • hid10000.jpg
    hid10000.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 276
  • hid12000k.jpg
    hid12000k.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 232
D

danny6424

Ahh yeh ive seen em in the bms they look madd as. Bit to expensive lol. thanks anyway mate