Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinted lights!!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Patrio7 said:
interesting how the ute has normal "slits" in tinting, one way to avoid the attention a little, you can argue that there is sufficient stock light to keep it bright enough.
that was my plan exactly. Although i didn't go crazy and use a can each light (sadly, some people do) its only a light coat on there, enough to look good, not enough to block out any light

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Any reason why the bottom taillight wasnt working stealthy?, blown bulb or did you set it up that way?

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
ive tinted mt tailights and front indicators and the cops have never worrided me bout it. ive put 5 coats on each and they just look like normal at night. check out my ride for the pics.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vinnywelsh said:
Any reason why the bottom taillight wasnt working stealthy?, blown bulb or did you set it up that way?
Not blown, i disconnected both Bottom ones. I think it looks better, just another way i've tried to be different!

Legally i only have to have one per side, dispite what came out factory. Just means i have to keep a copy of my ADRs with me, incase i get a cop on a power trip.

heres a better shot
IMG_2605.jpg

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Ahh fair enuff then, i thought it was illigal to run the car with only one bank on each side working.

but it definitely makes a deiiference to the look.

btw, thats one damn slick VP, awesome work on it stealthy

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats what the cops tell you as to give the impression the defect is actual a defect, when infact, its just an un-educated officer(seems to be too many).
There is alot of contradictions though, anything non standard as it left the factory can be defected, but as long as you meet the ADRs and all the safety requirements, they can't touch you!

Just to clear up about me only having 1 light each side!

Pair = 2 ;)

DIVISION 9-BRAKE LIGHTS

Fitting brake lights
98. (1) A brake light must be fitted to the rear of a vehicle built after 1934.

(2) A pair of brake lights must be fitted to the rear of:

(a) a motor vehicle built after 1959 that has 4 or more wheels; and

(b) a motor trike built after 1959 that has 2 rear wheels; and

(c) a trailer built after June 1973.

(3) The centre of a brake light must be:

(a) at least 350 millimetres above ground level; and

(b) not over:

(i) 1.5 metres above ground level; or

(ii) if it is not practicable to fit the light lower-2.1 metres above ground level.

(4) A vehicle may be fitted with 1 or more additional brake lights.

(5) The centre of an additional brake light must be at least 350 millimetres above ground level.

(6) If only 1 brake light is fitted to a vehicle, it must be fitted in the centre or to the right of the centre of the vehicle's rear.

(7) Subrule (6) applies to a motor bike with an attached sidecar as if the sidecar were not attached.

Location of brake lights on a vehicle

Performance and operation of brake lights
99. (1) When on, a brake light must show a red light visible 30 metres from the rear of the vehicle.

(2) A brake light fitted to a street rod vehicle may incorporate a blue lens not over 20 millimetres in diameter.

(3) A brake light fitted to a motor vehicle must come on, if it is not already on, when:

(a) for a vehicle with 4 or more wheels or built after 1974-a service brake is applied; or

(b) for another vehicle-the rear wheel brake is applied.

(4) Subrule (3) does not apply if the controls in the vehicle that start the engine are in a position that makes it impossible for the engine to operate.

(5) A brake light on a trailer must come on when:

(a) the brake light of the towing vehicle comes on; or

(b) a brake control on the towing vehicle, which independently activates the service brake on the trailer, is operated.

(6) A brake light may be operated by an engine brake, retarder, or similar device if the device does not interfere with the proper operation of the brake light.

(7) A street rod vehicle is a vehicle that has been modified for safe road use and that:
(a) has a body and frame that were built before 1949; or

(b) is a replica of a vehicle the body and frame of which were built before 1949.

scott.waldon

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman 5.7L
BOV said:
High intensity discharge kit... its for your headlights... new Bemmas, Porsches, a few Hondas, Nissans have them... they are the ones that look blue/purple and light up the whole road... the catch is that they cost a few hundred at least... ranging from 300-1000 bucks. Ive got some cheap immitation xenon lamps in the VS and it looks blue/greenish, it lights up the road a lil better but still not good compared to the HID kit.

Yer, ive just ordered some of the cheapy xenon bulbs and i was just wondering if they are fully legal and all that stuff. Thanks.

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
hey stealthy, do you have a picture of your car when you first got it? i'd like to see!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
i just found it as soon as you posted! nice car. but yes back to the topic.