Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting Front & Rear Lights ???

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
if you want to do it just give it like 1 coat atleast then its darker, and they cant have a cry, what i was thinking was making a stensil(if thats what its called) and then sticking it on your light and covering the parts around it. do you could get the holden badge cut out or mabey HSV and then stick it to the light and give it a few coats, then you can still see the red lights shining out from where the cover was on it and the rest is tinted, and then it gives it a nice look, you could make your own design too, up to you

If they can notice it, they can defect for it. If they can't notice, most people won't notice, so what's the point in doing it then?

Brakes, indicators and reverse lights are there for safety / warning, if they are compromised in any way, your car can be considered unroadworthy / defectable. Bottom line.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Yeah i might try a few different things, got a fair bit extra left over case I bought a couple of cans, so yeah, worst case I'll just have to re do them.

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
what i was saying still let light through and that would help to let people see the red from your brakes/lights and would also look different in the dark when a red symbol is brighter then the darker part around it, was just a thought...

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Gents, if the Police feel your lights are unroadworthy it comes down to attitude on the majority of occasions, well it does when I speak with people. Be careful when modifying lights (tail lights/brake lights) I'll give you a senerio. Your come to a stop and a driver runs up your 'bum'. Driver at fault stated he can't see your lights (he'll still cop a ticket, however so may you for having a defective lights). That would not be my concern because the likelyhood the cops will do you for the tail lights is rare. My concern would be you may void your insurance or a percentage of fault my be placed on you due to the lights being modified. Not picking, I understand you guys are just trying to make your rides look nice and the majority of the time you guys have the safest cars on the road because you take pride in your cars......be careful brake lights should be a bright and visable as possible.....not tinted dark. Dark lights are hard to see.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Gents, if the Police feel your lights are unroadworthy it comes down to attitude on the majority of occasions, well it does when I speak with people. Be careful when modifying lights (tail lights/brake lights) I'll give you a senerio. Your come to a stop and a driver runs up your 'bum'. Driver at fault stated he can't see your lights (he'll still cop a ticket, however so may you for having a defective lights). That would not be my concern because the likelyhood the cops will do you for the tail lights is rare. My concern would be you may void your insurance or a percentage of fault my be placed on you due to the lights being modified. Not picking, I understand you guys are just trying to make your rides look nice and the majority of the time you guys have the safest cars on the road because you take pride in your cars......be careful brake lights should be a bright and visable as possible.....not tinted dark. Dark lights are hard to see.

Mine are crystal clear, i know there are defectable but at night you dont even know they are tinted in the day you can but brake lights and indercators are just as clear as the were before

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Mine are crystal clear, i know there are defectable but at night you dont even know they are tinted in the day you can but brake lights and indercators are just as clear as the were before

I don't see the issue if this is the case. Sounds like you haven't had a problem because you have passed the attitude test LOL. If the brightness of the lights have not changed there isn't going to be an issue. I know everyone reading this page wants the driver behind us to see our brake lights. The old, ' Skid, mirror, brace' is everyones concern but it's alway comforting when the vehicle behind doesn't hit your beloved machines hahahahaha :p