Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting Laws WTF?

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
5% is way way to dark. I have 16% on my ford and even during day time you can only just see through it.

Hoey VE SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6L V8
How can u tell wat percentage tint it is? Because I bought an ex cop car and you can't see inside it unless u cup your hands over the glass and look through

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Not all. 5% tints are created equal. Some professional grades you can see out of much better.

The way they get around it with jap imports is its tinted glass not a film

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Dark tint looks great but it is not practical at all. I had darker than legal on a VZ Clubby and driving at night was down right dangerous.

You should buy an import pre 87ish - doesn't have to comply with australian standards at all. I had a Honda Legend straight 6 turbo import and could do annnnnnything I wanted with it (Torque steer on FWD 6 turbo was horrifying though).:surprise:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
And trust me, You don't want 5%, You can't see out of it at night.

This is correct. I have 5% on the side and rear of my van* and at night even toolbags with HIDs in reflectors don't seem bright.

* Perfectly legal in ACT as commercial vehicles can have 5% and even full black tint on fixed windows behind the drive and also the rear window

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
5% is way way to dark. I have 16% on my ford and even during day time you can only just see through it.

Duuuuuudddeee serious? I have 18% and have no problem seeing out during the day!!

But tinting laws are serious, their not just something to annoy people. How would you feel being a police officer doing an RBT, and not knowing if some dick is in the rear with a weapon pointed at you? (I'm confident nobody here would)

And don't say it hasn't/wouldn't happen. Cause it has.