Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting

KC12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Executive
I just got my 03 Commodore tinted from Tint a Car with the midnight express. I asked for a descent tint but not too dark and now it's done, i feel it is too dark and it's a white car.

Am i being silly or what thinking like this but didn't want too darker tints......

What's everyone's thoughts

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
thats the darkest legal tint available...

i think it would look fine.. got some picks?

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Unless you did research, they can't gauge what you perceive as being too dark or too light. They have given you a legal tint that is presumed to be good quality and optically clear which it seems to achieve. Too dark or too light is an individual taste, and they can't predict that.

Your best bet would have been to do some research and have a look at other cars similar to yours with similar grade tint and then you could have an informed idea of what you want and not leave it for the tinting company to try and give you the perfect tint.

There will be nothing wrong with the tint as its legal and it actually is intended to reduce glare and make the glass optically clear and it achieves this quite well.

Enjoy the protection tint gives to you and your interior and the help its gives through reducing interior temperatures on hot days.

I believe that midnight express is not dark enough for me. I prefer darker. Again, its all individual tastes and opinions.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I have midnight express on my car as well, but when I was getting mine I researched it on the internet, then went into tint-a-car and they showed me photos of cars they had done with different tints, then took me out the back and showed me the staff cars so I could see what the different films are like in person, then gave me samples of their whole range to take home so I could look at them and change my mind before the week or so til I had my car booked in

I'm not sure how you could go in and get something done without knowing what the result would be?

SimoVXSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I think you will get used to bloke, always seems a lil dark when its first done. You probably wont even notice it being dark in a month or so

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
The tint will always look darker because of the black window surrounds,I got mine done in black pearl and it also looks darker on different angles

I hate that cheap looking silver tint on anything, so if yours looks a bit dark I doubt it looks bad
enjoy it !

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I agree, the darker the better, I've got formula 1 on my VY, which is ever so slightly lighter than Mid Ex. Only went for the F1 because it has 25 yr warranty and mid express has 10 yr.