Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tips for removing/replacing the cats - access to the top bolts...

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
I missed 'VF Ute' post. They are made by an exhaust shop in Clontarf, Queensland and I have seen them listed both on Gumtree and Ebay. They are no active listings right now but here is a link to one that has ended on Ebay - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/183144451065

The ad says they only work on VE HSV headers, however they work on the non-supercharged VE/VF HSV 4-2-1 headers, I have the HSV VF1 340kw headers and they were fine, however you need to tell him if they are for a VF with a ball/socket style flange between cat and mid section and he will modify them with an adapter so they will fit. If you have a flat flange at the cat-mid section join they should be fine as is.

They are very well made and you can choose 100cpi or 200cpi options. I went with 200cpi and have not had a CEL after driving the car for a few days. Mine are mounted to a Difilippo cat back which has O2 sensor bungs at the front of the mid section that I used, no need for wiring harness extension, I think some HSV mid sections have bungs in the same place? The cats also come with sensor bungs just after the cat you could use but you will need a O2 sensor harness extension which are available on Ebay for around $30-40 for a pair, stock wiring won't reach as the bungs are just a little too far away.

Exhaust sound is louder/deeper and the crackle/pops are more noticable, I lost volume of crackle and pops when the Difilippo cat back was fitted so now it it probably closer to stock?? Either way if you like those noises (I do) they should be louder with with these cats. Throttle response might have improved but that could be my imagination, not sure....

Just touching on fitting again, it would probably have been easier/quicker to remove both headers but after much swearing due to the confined space/limited leverage, we did not have to remove the drivers side. No gurantees that will work for you.

I have the mobile number of the shop owner that I can pass via PM if you want it. He seems like a good bloke and easy to work with. Cats arrived in 3-4 days to Canberra via Startrack Express. Cost including postage $550.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Thanks "Dessy" and "426 Cuda"

Just the information I was after. I have the 340 headers as well with a Maloo 2 1/2" midsection. Would like to keep the standard attachments so would need the 'adapter' modification on the back of the cats. I have seen them on ebay but also noted the listing has disappeared. if you don't mind, can you send me the mobile number of the shop owner through a PM?

Thanks again.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks Dessy,
Same setup I'm going with too. So, very helpful info!