Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To buy a Gen3 or not

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
it's all good, me and ashbox were on a cruise last night and had a chat. by the end of the night/morning he was convinced he wants a LS1 manual now. honest i didnt persuade him one bit.:whistling

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
it's all good, me and ashbox were on a cruise last night and had a chat. by the end of the night/morning he was convinced he wants a LS1 manual now. honest i didnt persuade him one bit.:whistling

I wanted one after my mate took me in his VZ SV8 thats manual.
Although, i wanted his Turbo VS after he let me drive that for a night

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1

haha... sure.

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
I have a VS Statesman. I would prefer this over some of the newer Commdores etc.

Depends what you want out of the car. I personally wouldn't go with an LS1 into a VS, it would be L76 or L98. If you are going to put a newer/bigger engine in, make it count.

I havnt seen many newer commdores with the amount of space or the sound of my car thats why i don't really like them that much. Also the steering wheel on the newer Holdens gets worse and worse.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
he's not after a conversion, he's lookin at sellin his VS and buyin a SII VT SS or VX i think.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
GEN3 FTW!!!
Infact my mate is selling one cheap.
HERES THE LINK

As for fuel economy, the guy we bought the engine off originaly bought for an aeroplane project that didnt happen, but it worked out to get about 12litres/100k's running in an aeroplane at 3500-4000 RPM constant.

An LS1 would be the most uneconomical thing to use as an aircraft engine. Would have a range of like 100 Milies

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
an LS1 for an aeroplane engine WTF?
like dijm8 I had a 202, buick V6, 5 litre, ecotec now an LS1..i'd never go back. easy power and relatively cheap mods.