Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To buy or not to buy VT II S pac

james91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S PAC 5 SPEED SII
thats pretty cheap if you can get it, i paid 8.8k for a vt s2 5 speed with few mods and 121,800km in mint condition plus its lots better then my vx auto. you wont regrett owning a manual there lots more fun to drive

Miss L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Executive
almost sold...just waiting on the check on it..providing its just the gearbox i can live with that...not getting my hopes up....but a lil tinting and an awesome polish and its going to be hot as.....*sigh* fingers crossed for Miss L, this would be so awesome if this comes off....oh and 1FATVT thanks for the advice.....will just have to see what the racv dude says....i can suck up doing stuff to it and i am the scary negotiator...im going in at $4600 to play....the manicure and cleavage sometimes works a treat....hehehe to be a girl :) but if the check stacks up im not gonna let it go....ahhh the joy of a manual.......keep u posted !

Last edited:

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
get them to check the hoses near the heater tap thing, mine has blown twice now ... then foudn out the radiator had shat itself (hence the issues) just worth a glance.

Miss L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Executive
JSTCOZ funny you should mention that.....im driving a vt exec as a borrow and guess what that has blown ??? took me 2 hours and about 27 lts of water to get home....HILARIOUS when i was sitting on the fwy with steam pouring out and next to me was the booze bus full of coppers who were just staring at me !! booked into the $217 RACV premium test so fingers crossed :)

Miss L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Executive
hey 1FATVT....will do...so cross ur fingers for me....dunno if im tempting fate but Miss L is sitting here looking at window tint...gotta have that and fast.....and then exhaust system...and then sweet as......now to occupy myself for 2 days til its done.....lucky i have chick things to do on my days off....perhaps i should paint my nails black in anticipation...*sigh* whats a girl to do...keep ya posted

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
problem is any Commodore manual of any type is reasonably rare

you can cruise the various car sales sites and see one or two manuals in a sea of autos

buy it because you may not see one again for a while

Miss L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Executive
TonyJ2X thanks....yep I know...and thats why im so keen (not that the seller knows that).....whats 2 k on a gearbox if thats all thats wrong.....its black and manual...what more could a girl want (well a purple clubsport but thats another story).....only 2 sleeps til i know if its mine :) will post pics when/if i get it

Miss L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Executive
apparently i used up all my luck in my prang....car to put it mildly rooted....soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dissapointed :( engine sitting on cross bar, engine mounts gone, clutch rooted, rearbox..well who would know....oil leak from where ?? oh yes possibly everywhere......good luck to the dude who is going to buy it for $4k unseen....... i am off to sulk....clearly i am not meant to have a car.......*huff* - but thanks guys for your help

1998GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 HSV VT GTS 5.7 Stroker
Hey Miss L.Don't be disapointed your dream car will turn up.Don't rush into anything.Good luck!!