Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To repair or Write off

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
so what are your thoughts on this,
Other Photographs 002.jpg

its stoved in in the back with the boot bent , also hard to see but up drivers side is bent up to rear passenger door , and front drivers door feels alittle differant to open

Also guess what hit me, letters are in reverse
Other Photographs 006.jpg

smnsez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
depends on how much pay out u will get and wether it's worth it

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
depends on how much damage has been done that you cant see
prob is a write off depending on how much your car is insured for

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Well i think it was last covered for $6,000 agree value or market (whichever is higher) , i think it may be a write off

so anyone guess'd what hit me :p

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
yup you win .. Kia carnival , although sorry no prize for winning :p

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
What is the insurance company saying regards writing it off?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Is the person who hit you insurred? If so their insurance is liable for the damage they cause ie liable for the cost of repair. You don't have a contract with that company with respect to the damage caused by the other driver, doesn't matter if your insured with the same comapny either. If you want it fixed and they tell you it's a write off and will give you so much ask them where their contract is with you and to establish their legal right to do so.
Factor into the equation the cost to buy a new car as well, there is stamp duty and the extra purchase cost so if your happy with the car and want it fixed argue with them, call their bluff if they dont want to fix it. If you loose which I doubt get your $6,000.00 and get it fixed if it costs you $1000 extra its still cheaper than a newer car.

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Is the person who hit you insurred? If so their insurance is liable for the damage they cause ie liable for the cost of repair. You don't have a contract with that company with respect to the damage caused by the other driver, doesn't matter if your insured with the same comapny either. If you want it fixed and they tell you it's a write off and will give you so much ask them where their contract is with you and to establish their legal right to do so.
Factor into the equation the cost to buy a new car as well, there is stamp duty and the extra purchase cost so if your happy with the car and want it fixed argue with them, call their bluff if they dont want to fix it. If you loose which I doubt get your $6,000.00 and get it fixed if it costs you $1000 extra its still cheaper than a newer car.

Thanks for the info !

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
my brothers vx was rear-ended a month ago, hit smack on center in the rear at around 30k's it popped the tail lights out, bent the boot slightly and scratched the bumper. but underneath is a whole nother story.... all up repairs were $9500 (at a very reputable body works) they practically put a whole brand new rear end on it. the car was only worth $8k if that (vx2 equipe, 90,000km, stock) the bodyworks 'evaluater' said it was worth $14k so it wasnt classed as a write off.... i'd take the writeoff as if u tried to selll it with 'repairs' people would offer u alot lower than what your asking.... if u can get away with hiding the repairs so be it... just food for thought