Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To swap or not to swap

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Hey guys, here's the story:

I am currently trying to sell my VY series II S pack commodore to upgrade to a VZ SV6 (I have roughly $4k saved up as additional funds). Here's the thread for it: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...03-holden-commodore-vy-ii-s-cosmo-purple.html

Realistically, I know I am asking too much for it. In it's current condition it's only worth $9k? at a maximum.

Today I had a fella contact me about swapping the Commodore for a 2000 VT series II clubsport 5.7Lt, duel fuel 199xxxkms, aftermarket extractors, possibly cammed, red, automatic, lowered springs on 19 inch rims, DVD player.

Although it is not what I'm looking for, I would like to be able to say I have owned a V8 in my lifetime and I figure it is worth at least $2k? more than my current car. He wants to swap because it has too much power for him and he only has one demerit left due to speeding.

He's in Victoria, which means stamp duty is less than here in SA at roughly $250. My car has less than a month rego on it, so realistically I don't stand to lose much money in the swap. I would only rego it for 3 months before selling again.

Question is, should I swap it? Please discuss.

Cheers :)

Daggy082

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8
Personally i dont like downgrading to older cars, Ive only ever got newer models when buying a new car, Saying that its only 3 years older and if its in good nick and been looked after and you like it, go for it. But the fact he has only got 1 point left it has been flogged...

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
The fact of the matter is though, I see an ability to make a grand or two off of it, which is the main point of it. I would only use it as my daily until I sell it and buy the VZ SV6. The end goal is the VZ SV6, this is just a different (perhaps better?) way of getting there. Anyone else care to chime in an opinion?

My mate has just about talked me out of it..

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
I would do it but ask for cash your way becouse yours is newer.

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
But the fact he has only got 1 point left it has been flogged...

Who's to say it's been flogged? You get done doing even 11km/h over the limit and there's three points right there. Do that 4 times in less than 36 months and your points are all gone

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
first gen ls1? no thanks, piston slap up the wazoo most likely, flogged to **** no doubt.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
I believe it would be a first gen ls1, yes. 2000 Series 2 VT? So it's not worth it even if I ask for 1 or 2 grand my way?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Not worth it. Series 1 LS1's were horrible. Obviously he's been thrashing it as well. The whole got to sell it because of speeding fines is such an over done excuse.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
$1500 if he wont give $2000

Daggy082

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8
Who's to say it's been flogged? You get done doing even 11km/h over the limit and there's three points right there. Do that 4 times in less than 36 months and your points are all gone

What state takes 3 points off for 11km/h over??? In all states its 1 point... Would have to be very unlucky to get done that many times. Its a simple deduction of facts mate...