Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tom Walkinshaw Dead at the age of 64

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
As I said before,a few people try to justify it with little stories about how this and that went on,the truth of it is no one but the teams and cams officials knew what really went on.Ive heard and read all this crap thousands of times like whats posted above etc about cross entries and using other cars etc,no one on here can say 100% for sure if its all true or not,not unless they were part of the teams or officials back then,

??? WTF??? The rules of the day are not hard to find and open to anybody to research. There is a plethora of information written about the racing back then. The only "crap" here is what is coming from your fingertips. If you think anything I have posted on the subject is factually incorrect, please provide evidence to the contrary.

I suppose someone will get on here now and say they were an official at the race or a race team member and that they are right and everything and everyone else is wrong,

Nope - just you. One of the people directly involved is an acquaintence of mine and from him directly: Cross entering was a deliberate tactic by HDT (and other teams) completely within the rules and it was a tactic of the team to swap Brock into the 25 car should 05 fail. What does vary (depending on who you speak to) is the account of weather Larry would also shift to the 25 car.

anyway ,the main point I was making was that most aussies saw it for what it was,a sad way to win a race,plain and simple,so you can say to get over it all you like,at the time 90%

Did you know that 98% of statistics are made up?

of the public thought it was a poor sad thing to do to win,they cant even finish a race in the same car that they started in,says it all.Holden and ford fans alike said the same thing.Thats why the rules were changed the next year or the one after that,to prevent this sad stupidity from happening again.

WTF??? It happened twice, 4 years apart. That particular rule was there for the best part of a decade. The only sad stupidity here is your lack of knowledge on the subject and your re-writing of history to suit your misguided argument.

Reaper

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Jeez what a sook.Dont cry about it.Im only saying what john harvey said in this interview,and what people said and wrote at the time about it..I guess you know more than john harvey would about it though,and I know some clown would say they knew someone or whatever who was there,yeah,right,you can read people like a book.And as harvey said ,it was a nighmare in the pits because this wasnt planned or expected,and you get on here and say that it was deliberate and planned,pff,next you will try to tell us that that you were there running the team.Somehow Id believe harveys words before yours.You just cant handle someone saying the win was sad,haha thats just as sad.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeez what a sook.Dont cry about it.Im only saying what john harvey said in this interview

No sooking here - just pointing out the facts. BTW - my acquaintence IS John Harvey. :rofl:. You are still to post a source for this "interview"

,and what people said and wrote at the time about it..I guess you know more than john harvey would about it though,

Well the only interview with him I have seen on the subject is in the "40 years of HDT" DVD, and the discussion I had with him on the subject over dinner one night face to face.

and I know some clown would say they knew someone or whatever who was there,yeah,right,you can read people like a book.And as harvey said ,it was a nighmare in the pits because this wasnt planned or expected,and you get on here and say that it was deliberate and planned,pff,next you will try to tell us that that you were there running the team.Somehow Id believe harveys words before yours.You just cant handle someone saying the win was sad,haha thats just as sad.

I say again - please post a reference to his "words". Your arguments are just wrong. Your timeline is wrong. Your memory of the situation is just wrong. Get that thru your head! :rofl:

Reaper

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If harveys your mate,go ask him about what interview it was.It wasnt some 40 years of **** or whatever,it was some hotrod show.You just saying john harvey is your aquaintance has done me,if he has said one thing to you,then another in an interview,then hes just as sad.Probably why he got the drive with the team,He fitted in well with the other idiots who had to cheat to win.I really dont care who won anyway,it was just a sad win.Thats all Im gonna say about it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
If harveys your mate,go ask him about what interview it was.It wasnt some 40 years of **** or whatever,it was some hotrod show.You just saying john harvey is your aquaintance has done me,if he has said one thing to you,then another in an interview,then hes just as sad.Probably why he got the drive with the team,He fitted in well with the other idiots who had to cheat to win.

You're the one making the claims which you are unable to reference.

Just to spell it out for you. He's not a mate who I go have a beer with every few weeks, more somebody who I bump into once in a while and have a chat. Just trying to keep things to the facts here. I'll leave the stupid claims and exaggerations to you.

Now you have egg on your face and attack the bloke. Pretty poor form really.

Reaper

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Who cares really.And the references are from harvey himself,not from me,jeez.You havnt backed anything up youve said either.Anyway as I said,Id believe harveys interview before you,you said they knew and planned this car swap at bathurst,harvey said they didnt,your wrong.plain and simple.Oh gee,now who do I believe,harvey or some clown on the net.I even picked that some clown would say they were there or knew someone there or whatever,its the same old bullshit fairytales,told by dreamers who couldnt drive out of sight on a dark night..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Who cares really.And the references are from harvey himself,not from me,jeez.You havnt backed anything up youve said

I thought I sited the interview on the hdt dvd several times. If that's not enough, check out "the Rise and Fall of Peter Brock" by Bill Tuckey.

either.Anyway as I said,Id believe harveys interview before you,you said they knew and planned this car swap at bathurst,harvey said they didnt,your wrong.plain and simple.Oh gee,now who do I believe,harvey or some clown on the net.I even picked that some clown would say they were there or knew someone there or whatever,its the same old bullshit fairytales,told by dreamers who couldnt drive out of sight on a dark night..

:rofl: What interview??? I've pointed to two which are easily verifiable - you haven't. There is no interview what so ever that says that. I'm not asking you to believe me, just research the tripe you post. You have not presented any objective evidence what so ever. Your argument fails right there.

Btw - I think you will find that Harvey says that it was not planned that Larry Perkins took over the car too. Larry has a different version of this however at the end of the day Phil Brock dipped out of a drive and was plenty pissed about the situation.

Reaper

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
As I said before,a few people try to justify it with little stories about how this and that went on,the truth of it is no one but the teams and cams officials knew what really went on.Ive heard and read all this crap thousands of times like whats posted above etc about cross entries and using other cars etc,no one on here can say 100% for sure if its all true or not,not unless they were part of the teams or officials back then, I suppose someone will get on here now and say they were an official at the race or a race team member and that they are right and everything and everyone else is wrong, anyway ,the main point I was making was that most aussies saw it for what it was,a sad way to win a race,plain and simple,so you can say to get over it all you like,at the time 90% of the public thought it was a poor sad thing to do to win,they cant even finish a race in the same car that they started in,says it all.Holden and ford fans alike said the same thing.Thats why the rules were changed the next year or the one after that,to prevent this sad stupidity from happening again.

But the other teams cross-entering (and some scoring podiums doing it) is true Brett so how can posts pointing that out be crap ?

The facts are other teams aside from HDT cross entered (and as pointed out some entered two cars for just two drivers to race with the intention always to be to ditch the lowest placed car at the last possible legal moment during the race so neither driver got pinged for going over the maximum driving time, for mine that's far more unsporting than jumping into the sister car during a race if the lead car struck trouble)

What about the years that Dick Johnson, Roadways, etc ran 2nd cars that made it into the Top Ten shoot-out only to have the teams withdraw the cars on the Saturday evening thus depriving another team/driver combo of the valauble airtime that the old school Hardies Heroes shoot-out TV coverage bought

You must have really hated the Group C Sports Prototype championship (World Endurance Championship) days as the factory (and leading customer teams in the case of Porsche) Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes, etc teams routinely put their best driver into one of the other teams cars at any rounds where their car expired early (or if the co-driver had started and the car was well down the order they would switch drivers before the first pit stop)

Oh, just for the record Phil Brock wasn't all that pissed off that Peter jumped in the car, he was more pissed off that Larry jumped in as well as he felt he was quicker than Larry around Bathurst that year

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, just for the record Phil Brock wasn't all that pissed off that Peter jumped in the car, he was more pissed off that Larry jumped in as well as he felt he was quicker than Larry around Bathurst that year

Sorry - to be clear - yes I agree with that 100%. From memory LP was the slowest of the 4 that weekend.

Reaper

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Jeez you blokes get burred up about this,I wont dare mention the energy polarizer.Haha.