Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

top gear is back

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
problem is if they think like the guys from wheels and so on so forth they will probly pick the ford cos it's got a turbo...stupid magazines...

though the VE is the newest of the holdens and fords and they also generally pick the newest of the two vehicles being tested...toss up...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
big_stretch said:
problem is if they think like the guys from wheels and so on so forth they will probly pick the ford cos it's got a turbo...stupid magazines...

though the VE is the newest of the holdens and fords and they also generally pick the newest of the two vehicles being tested...toss up...

well they love to give jeremy **** about his ford GT, and they seem to like the chevy engines, so they might like the commodore more. the european style of the VE might appeal more to them as well.
also, they already had the monaro on there a few times and they all loved it

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
excellent...what? do one of them have a ford GT?...i'm fairly new to the show, probly only seen 3 or 4 full episodes...but yeah i have heard about them liking the monaro...we may have a chance yet. (as long as they don't play soccer with commodores...i couldnt stand it)

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
bangers said:
i think there is only one way to settle all the bickering on this site between holden & ford and that is to try to get TopGear to put them up against one another on their show. maybe if we all keep messaging them, asking them to do so, they will.

I'm not writing this to get f*#kwits replying with "ford won't even make it onto the boat over there" and other bullsh#t etc.

theyve already tested the holden monaro over there ....

it barely got a mention though as "also sold in australia as a holden" :ranting:
haha was a pontiac gto

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
its not a GT as we have here. its a GT40. race replica type.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
big_stretch said:
excellent...what? do one of them have a ford GT?...i'm fairly new to the show, probly only seen 3 or 4 full episodes...but yeah i have heard about them liking the monaro...we may have a chance yet. (as long as they don't play soccer with commodores...i couldnt stand it)

yeah jeremy clarkson has the GT40. it was on the show once. the other two kept giving him **** about how much fuel it used, and in one of the latest episodes he mentioned that when he went to start it, the only thing that worked was the rear left indicator. doubt he has a high opinion on fords after that

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
He had major problems with the GT, he sent it back at one stage i think, ive read articles on it somewhere. He got a phone call from the company that traces the car when it gets stolen, to tell him it had been stolen while he was driving it, major problems with the alarm and so forth, its great listening to them give him **** though

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
bangers said:
i think there is only one way to settle all the bickering on this site between holden & ford and that is to try to get TopGear to put them up against one another on their show. maybe if we all keep messaging them, asking them to do so, they will.

I'm not writing this to get f*#kwits replying with "ford won't even make it onto the boat over there" and other bullsh#t etc.

I'm not sure it will stop the bickering, but hell yeah! I'd love to see that. :thumbsup:

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
They NEED to get the Veryon on their track i wanna see what it can do.

It has the best exuast note i have EVER heard on a car.