Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Torque setting for tie down bracket in ute

Alexsyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 series 2
Thanks yes I realise the bending nothing to do with torque setting but seeing as replaced bracket wanted right setting so bolt doesn’t back out of bracket whilst driving down motorway with bike tied down… anyway couple of drops of loctite 243
And bolt tightened should be ok… anyone installed anchor tie down brackets in floor of tub? Ie like a hisce van has… seems far more sensible idea than factory brackets

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Thanks yes I realise the bending nothing to do with torque setting but seeing as replaced bracket wanted right setting so bolt doesn’t back out of bracket whilst driving down motorway with bike tied down… anyway couple of drops of loctite 243
And bolt tightened should be ok… anyone installed anchor tie down brackets in floor of tub? Ie like a hisce van has… seems far more sensible idea than factory brackets
It won’t happen. Just do it up tight and watch the replacement bend in minutes again.

I replaced all mine with eyelets. No problems. Did I torque them? No. Did them up tight.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
In the case of a Toyota tighten **** out of everything hence the phrase Toyota tight

Alexsyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 series 2
It won’t happen. Just do it up tight and watch the replacement bend in minutes again.

I replaced all mine with eyelets. No problems. Did I torque them? No. Did them up tight.
That sounds like a good idea . Can I ask what brand/ size eyelets you used and where you got them from? Also have you tied downed something like a dirtbike with them? Thanks

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
IMG_5088.jpeg

Just got them from Hammerbarn.
They are in the tie downs and rope aisle.

IMG_5086.jpeg

These are on a VZ but more or less same for VE.

IMG_5087.jpeg

High tensile bolt. I think the eyelets are load rated to 0.3T or something silly like that. More than enough.

IMG_5089.jpeg

I added a smaller ones to the hard lid too. There are 4 and have been invaluable.

IMG_5092.jpeg

IMG_5091.jpeg

IMG_5090.jpeg

There quite a few to choose from
The long shank stainless one can be cut to length and the stainless looks a bit better.

Last edited:

Alexsyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 series 2
Ok great thanks for the info