Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

torque vs hp

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
What do you mean by 'peaking'? Is that where the limiter is set?

That cam can go all the way to 7400 if your bottom end can handle it!!

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
That thing should see 7500 with ease.

samnon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
What do you mean by 'peaking'? Is that where the limiter is set?

That cam can go all the way to 7400 if your bottom end can handle it!!

got scat rods and arp studded bottom end. tuner said not making power any higher than that so no point spinning it faster, think limiter is about 6700, i know the set up isn't made for high power. i know things aren't matched properly. cam specs say 7200. but yeah not really worried about that stuff just thought that considering kw is low its weird the torque is high

xxaussiepridexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy sv8
Mate I'm unsure of the torque figures but u should be making more than that I'm sitting at 290 rwklw with a big cam high 230's to low 240's don't know the exact specs as the guy I got it done through makes his own cams. Ls1 manual standard diff 6speed and it moves, I know a few guys that are running smaller cams that are running around the 260 to 270 klw so doesn't sound right to me. I've got full exhaust duspeed Otr 45% underdrive kit upgraded clutch with no head work

samnon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Mate I'm unsure of the torque figures but u should be making more than that I'm sitting at 290 rwklw with a big cam high 230's to low 240's don't know the exact specs as the guy I got it done through makes his own cams. Ls1 manual standard diff 6speed and it moves, I know a few guys that are running smaller cams that are running around the 260 to 270 klw so doesn't sound right to me. I've got full exhaust duspeed Otr 45% underdrive kit upgraded clutch with no head work

yeah i know its down on power lol auto is unhappy. the fact its down on kw is what made me curious about the torque. just thought i'd see what ppl said about it. hopefully get a new auto in it at start of next year and maybe it'll bring it up a bit.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Manifold is killing the power up top. That thing should make power all the way to 7500, you got the bottom end to match it also.

This thing needs a 4000 convert at the very least and it should absolutely fry tires.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
866 nm of torque and 269 kw:

are both useless numbers without RPM. without knowing the variables everyone is just guessing. and if i had to guess, my guess is his stick is too big for his engine and it wont rev. thus a good low rpm power, and balls revs.

edit* but i am just guessing :p

See that wasn't hard was it? :)

samnon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Manifold is killing the power up top. That thing should make power all the way to 7500, you got the bottom end to match it also.

This thing needs a 4000 convert at the very least and it should absolutely fry tires.

its got 4000 grand converter, and yeah fries tires easy lol hence why i'm not too worried by the dyno figures. don't reckon ls2 manifold is big enough? i only just put it on last week picked up 20kw