Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Total disregard for other road users.

LeojVS

Qawwa.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 S Ute, 76 Buick
Im talking about the driver of the car here, not the cyclists involved.
It never ceases to amaise me, the level of stupidity and arrogance displayed from some motorists. Im an amateur cyclist myself, covering about 700kms a month, and the crap I see shocks me.

Typical of Australian law, he will get a slap on the wrist, whilst many law abiding cyclists are out of pocket.

*dont get on the typical "cyclists are a menace on the road and chould pay rego, should get off the roads blah blah blah blah" bandwagon either. You will only come across as an arrogant fool* :thumbsup:

Furious driver takes out 50-strong cycle pack - Beijing2008 - Sport - smh.com.au

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The only people I can see in the wrong here are the spandex spastics(like yourself).

It is high time you idiot road users start obeying the laws when cycling on public roads.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Agreed! ^^^^ Just because you are on the road on a dyke bike, doesn't mean you aren't a road user. Ride with cars, act like cars. You are safter riding your spandex mobiles on the footpath with people on foot IMO.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Yes he was stupid for the last bit by cutting them off so they had nowhere to go but I'd like to hear from other witnesses regarding if the cyclists were indeed the legal two abreast or not as the cyclists claiming that they were two abreast doesn't really suprise me

I've seen many weekend warrior cyclists riding three or four abreast on some of Melbourne's major roads, ignoring red lights, give way signs and the like on their merry way

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
have to say it, if you run up the back of someone its your fault :p

I have no problems with cyclists who will move to the side of the road to let me go past, its the ones that dont that i get ****ed off with. Even better when they ride 3 abreast just because they can :ranting:

TWOJZ

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shagon ;)
I love it when you get a cyclist, on a narrow single lane road, with traffic in both directions, so you can't pass the cyclist, without crossing to the wrong side of the road...

or, better yet, when they ride side by side on a narrow road!!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Most cyclists i've come across on our country roads are a pack of arrogant wankers.
They think they own the road, and just refuse to move across when you come up behind them so don't preach to me how good cyclists are.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Why the hell are cyclists even allowed to use roads? They aren't registered or insured... I shudder whenever I see one of those spandex spastics!!!

:rofl:

Thanks for that minux - gonna use that from now on ;)

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I ride alot, not so much anymore but i was covering nearly 500km's a month, all country and boy did i see some idiot car drivers, i always ride by myself and follow ALL laws even down to having a ****ing bell fitted. I have been abused by road users, people not giving way to me at intersections, but the worst is people pulling out infront of me when they are at a stop sign and im on a straight road. I had one incident where i had to hit the breaks so hard to avoid hitting this fool in his mercedes, he was in the wrong, he was at a stop sign on a T-intersection and i was going straight along. Anyway i Hit the breaks and swerved bit to miss him, consequently i came off and ended up in the gutter. When this fool comes back and starts abusing me caus i nearly hit him. Now for the people who know me im far from calm especially when someone nearly kills me, so firmly tried to explain to him, but he called me a spandex wearing ****, i dont even wear spandex i ride in jeans and a t-shirt lol. Anyway he rang the police on me and said i chased after him and abused him, the cops caught up with me not long after and i explained and they just laughed, they seen i had clearly come off, and that i could not chase after a car on a pushie.

BUT i have seen the cyclist in melbourne and they are crazy and alot of them are a menace, i also see some down here that are completly stupid and idiotic. Minority is once again wrecking it for the majority.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why the hell are cyclists even allowed to use roads? They aren't registered or insured... I shudder whenever I see one of those spandex spastics!!!

:rofl:

Thanks for that minux - gonna use that from now on ;)

hahaha no worries.

If bikes are allowed to use the road, they should have to pay registration. When i see the slimy little asshole that put the 3 inch scratch on the my front 1/4 from his bike and rode off I will be doing much the same as the guy in this news article.