Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Total disregard for other road users.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
If it happened as described, and there were enough witnesses that it is reasonable to assume that is so, that car driver deserves to have the book thrown at him (or her). Brake testing anyone is inexcusable, cyclist or not.

Yes, there are ****wit cyclists around who spoil it for everyone else who does the right thing and, as an occasional cyclist (I do not wear Spandex either - not a good look) if I see one doing the wrong thing while I'm driving, I won't cut them much slack. That's because they're screwing it up for me on the bicycle, as well as annoying me while in the car.

The vast majority of cyclists do also drive, and nearly all will be paying tax, therefore they do pay for the road they are riding on even if they're not damaging it or taking up as much space as people driving on it.

Some means of identifying and prosecuting cyclists who break the law would be great - get the idiots to behave.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Might I suggest you get a copy of the road rules & have a read of them.
We are allowed to ride 2 abreast, we are allowed 1.5m of road space, and heres the best part. If we feel that we need to "take the lane" for our own saftey, ie taking up the whole lane coming up to a roundabout to stop idiots squeezing past us going thru the roundabout, then moving back to the LHS of the road, we can. And we arend breaking any laws doing so.

So, the guy causing who in a sense, caused a massive accident, and then left the scene of an accident, isnt wrong?? DId you go to H.S??

Another car versus cyclist, who will win, thread woo hoo...

My 2 cents before this gets closed, like any one obeying the road rules, I don't have a problem. The ********s on bikes i do have a problem with!

I live out countrish, 100km narrow winding roads, when you came around a blind corner at 100km and find cyclists 3 or 4 abreast, it can be ****ing scary! Although when they are 3 abreast on a narrow section of road, I usually give them a nice wide birth, which forces me on to the opposite shoulder, i usually don't slow down and stay on the opposite side to pick up as much dust / dirt and rocks as possible....:thumbsup:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
WE do pay to use the road. If you legally want to use the road for your car, you need to pay rego. If you don't pay rego, you aren't leagally allowed on the road. :D

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
The should stick to the footpath or just drive a car!

The thing is Leggaly we are not allowed to ride on the foot path. Sadly we are obeying the road laws like i do when i drive, the problem isnt with cyclists or drivers, its the law causing the havoc, becuase the law does not allow both users to work together safely. But i do agree so cyclists are just plain **** heads and probly deserve to be hit, but it doesnt mean all do. **** i have been cut off by alot of cars when driving, does that mean i go and ram into every car i see?
As for people thinking its alright to cut them off and get asclose to them as you can, grow a ****ing brain, thats just ****ing childish and you dont deserve a licence, imagine if your wife, brother, or son or what ever was killed because he was harmlessly cycling and someone thought it would increase their ego by getting asclose as possible to him, plain right ****ing stupid, and if you did it to me deliberatly i would boot your ****ing door as you went passed.

As for not paying rego etc, we ****ing cant do that so what do you expect us to do, until the goverment introduce a cyclist rego we have nothing to pay so dont blame us, i dont get ****ed off at people who have small trailers that dont require rego, even when most of them are unroadworthy.

LeojVS

Qawwa.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 S Ute, 76 Buick
If you don't pay rego, you aren't leagally allowed on the road. :D

What?? Yes you are. Where did you get that from?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I meant in a car. You can't drive an unregistered car around.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
:rofl: :rofl: Damn bike riders :p go fly kite's instead :p :p

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
As for people thinking its alright to cut them off and get asclose to them as you can, grow a ****ing brain, thats just ****ing childish and you dont deserve a licence, imagine if your wife, brother, or son or what ever was killed because he was harmlessly cycling and someone thought it would increase their ego by getting asclose as possible to him, plain right ****ing stupid, and if you did it to me deliberatly i would boot your ****ing door as you went passed.

Hahahahahaha!!! Nobody in my family and none of my friends are STUPID enough to ride a pushbike on the roads... It doesn't do anything for my ego. Cyclists want to be in my space (i.e. on the road) so they can deal with the consequences of their actions. Like I said, I don't break any laws. If I swerve to give them more room, it means I am corssing into another (possibly oncoming) lane illegally.

Boot the side of my car when I drive past you? hahahaha!!! First I would aplaud you for having the reflexes of a ninja, and then I'd beat the **** outa you! So please, by all means, try it!

Can someone close this pointless one sided thread before it gets out of hand. Clearly cyclists that ride on the road have no idea!

LeojVS

Qawwa.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 S Ute, 76 Buick
In a car you muppet! :bang:

HAHAHA! Muppet! I havent been called that in ages! I like it :thumbsup: Im not being sarcastic either btw.

Thought he was including cyclists in that too.