Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tough new laws increase penalties for dangerous drivers

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I dunno it was his vx commodore , and the round-about was a sharp turn one. Well so he says , ive only heard his side of the story haha . But then again he is a bit of a retard when driving

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
I was actually asking rhetorically, but to be fair, you did say in any situation. That includes giving way at roundabouts. I also drive lawfully, and it frustrates the people behind me who want to do 20 over the limit. I'm not putting your driving down, just saying that a blanket statement like "always give way to everybody in every situation" is not the right answer for traffic trouble.

The only reason I brought the roundabout thing up is because I actually have seen people do this before. Incredibly, they don't see the problem with it; they see it as a commendable act of generosity. Never mind the fact that their generosity could easily cause an accident.

yeah its cool i did leave myself a bit open in that one..
and is it wrong that i get enjoyment out of doing 40 in roadworks (like i am supposed to) and getting heaps of cars backed up behind me ?
cos that is one of my favourite things to do haha...

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
HAHA stevev888 thats one of my favourite things too!!

aww man..."hoons" are just the scapegoat for the government...
yeah we are inforcing harder laws on hoons!
little old lady at home is like yay about time he gets my vote...
and aca and today tonight dont help our case at all...
its all media, err is the right word propaganda? lol

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.

glad im not the only one..

and nah they had it right earlier on...
"bullshit"

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

If it is all about scapegoats and propaganda, why is it only people doing the wrong thing getting caught? I have no issue with people having some fun, but like everything else these days, people are taking it way too far.

If you dont do burnouts, 50 km/h over the speedlimit or race on the streets, there is really nothing to worry about.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If it is all about scapegoats and propaganda, why is it only people doing the wrong thing getting caught? I have no issue with people having some fun, but like everything else these days, people are taking it way too far.

If you dont do burnouts, 50 km/h over the speedlimit or race on the streets, there is really nothing to worry about.

I've had my fair share of being hassled when not doing the wrong thing. First ever encounter with cops was 'for speeding' even tho i wasn't. Had another time accused of speeding (took it to court and won). If i'm doing something wrong, i'll cop it, but theres way to many times they've just abused their power.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I've had my fair share of being hassled when not doing the wrong thing. First ever encounter with cops was 'for speeding' even tho i wasn't. Had another time accused of speeding (took it to court and won). If i'm doing something wrong, i'll cop it, but theres way to many times they've just abused their power.

I am not saying that they dont abuse power, but, how often have you been accused of something under the hoon laws where they have taken your car?

My point is that if you don't do burnouts, go massively over a speed limit or street race, the laws have zero effect on you. If you want to do this stuff, 1. go to a track or 2. do it where you think no one else is, even then i wouldn;t condone high speed. As I said, people do these things n the most stupid of places then whinge and bitch when laws are passed to try and curb it. This is why teh laws were put in place to begin with.

Think years back, people used to go to unpopulated areas to have fun, over the last 10 or so years, the morons have bought it closer to suburbs and put at risk too many people.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Think years back, people used to go to unpopulated areas to have fun, over the last 10 or so years, the morons have bought it closer to suburbs and put at risk too many people.

Not disagreeing or anything, but that may have been because there was considerably more unpopulated area to do it in back then, heh. Mentality probably hasn't changed, just that back then it was 10min down the road you could have a thrash and rip some tyres up, now its an hour out of the city heh.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I am not saying that they dont abuse power, but, how often have you been accused of something under the hoon laws where they have taken your car?

My point is that if you don't do burnouts, go massively over a speed limit or street race, the laws have zero effect on you. If you want to do this stuff, 1. go to a track or 2. do it where you think no one else is, even then i wouldn;t condone high speed. As I said, people do these things n the most stupid of places then whinge and bitch when laws are passed to try and curb it. This is why teh laws were put in place to begin with.

The laws have only just come in. Either way, had plenty of encounters with police, most just do their rego check, RBT, and then on your way, but theres the ####s who take it one step further....now that these laws are in, i'm sure it will happen (oh your car flicked a stone as you drove past, impounded for a week....). I wish i could believe that this was far fetched thinking....

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
The laws have only just come in. Either way, had plenty of encounters with police, most just do their rego check, RBT, and then on your way, but theres the ####s who take it one step further....now that these laws are in, i'm sure it will happen (oh your car flicked a stone as you drove past, impounded for a week....). I wish i could believe that this was far fetched thinking....

i once smashed some old couples window when i was trying to drive up a dirt hill in my old vp wagon i felt so srry for doing it but i took off as i dident want to get charged with some stupid **** even though it was stupid trying to drive up what i was trying to oh yea this was a fair way out of town at a car park thought me and my mate had it to our selves and i had no money so i wasent staying around i still feel like a #### though