Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towing with your Alloytec auto...

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
what andy said x2.

i have the 4 spd auto and it loves towing, also found when it gets use to towing and use to the loads the box settles down. it 'Learns' you could say .

the trailer you had loaded would expect those figures. highway with a big tandem axle half loaded i avg 16L/100km. as above wind resistance would of been burning that fuel.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Don't forget to change the engine oil and transmission fluid if youtow for any distance with (a) head winds, (b) hills etc. To not change could result on long term damage.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Get the SV6 tuned to sort out those gearbox issues :)

I know a stock tuned gen 3 towing a car on a trailer gets 16/17L per 100km.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Don't forget to change the engine oil and transmission fluid if youtow for any distance with (a) head winds, (b) hills etc. To not change could result on long term damage.

Hahaha what a load, you expect him to change his oil because he is gonna be driving into the wind? Maybe you should check the oils and lubricants if your going to tow, but seriously who changes oil because of a head wind?

Im interested to know if you post on boost crusing benboy ;)

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Hahaha what a load, you expect him to change his oil because he is gonna be driving into the wind? Maybe you should check the oils and lubricants if your going to tow, but seriously who changes oil because of a head wind?

Im interested to know if you post on boost crusing benboy ;)

Yeah can anyone verify that this is needed aside from benboy? I'm changing my oil shortly anyway but trans as well?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
id say if your towing in hilly, mountainous areas, or stop start with a heavy load, yeah, wouldnt hurt changing it if you doing over a certain period of time, like travelling around the country towing 1 tonne, if its the odd trip around town i wouldnt worry to much about it,

head wind will add resistance, but i doub it would nescessitate changing the gearbag oil for it