Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control switch why have it

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
The first time I gave a 5.7litre a poke on a corner with the TC off, it was very quickly sideways, and me looking like an inexperienced hoon. Totally unexpected and embarrassing.
If it makes you feel better, I can top that. Driving a friend's VT, had to return it the following day, TC on (!), hit a gravel bend, lost the back end, braked too hard, locked up and spun through a neighbour's fence into the middle of their paddock, trailing wire fencing behind me. There ensued a very uncomfortable half hour as the owner and I unwound the wire fence from around the wheel axles and made awkward small talk like "good thing there were no sheep in the paddock today...". I've never spoken to the guy since. And although I know I probably shouldn't be proud of this, I left the most awesome figure 8 skid mark in their paddock. You could see it for about 2 weeks before the grass got too long. I wanted to take a photo but didn't want the neighbour to bust me out the front taking happy snaps of my handiwork from behind the repaired section of fence...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Just imagine how many people would be killed by cars everyday if it wasn't for all those fancy driver aids considering your stock standard VF V8 has 400hp and your original LS1 VT only had about 300hp....

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Used it mainly in the rain. Stopped me on a few occasion and kicked in.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Just imagine how many people would be killed by cars everyday if it wasn't for all those fancy driver aids considering your stock standard VF V8 has 400hp and your original LS1 VT only had about 300hp....

Natural selection the roads would probably be a safer place eventually ;)

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
I personally think thats the problem :) ...all these teched up cars with airbags, safety feature up the cazooo and drivers that believe they are safe (or is that invincible :))
Always wondered what would happen if you where in front of one of those auto braking vehicles and jumped on and off the brakes as you drove off... Wonder if there was enough of em you could get a congo line going :D

Last edited: