Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control??

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Taking the ABS out is just asking for trouble. If you are going to take it out, make sure its back in and working before you get back on the road. It does make a big difference.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Taking out the ABS module also disables the airbags. Don't take it out - ever. It doesn't make standstills any harder.

B

beetle81

Well i haven't done anything yet, and maybe i won't. i will just try harder.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Just work on technique.... put the brakes on fair hard... rev the engine up about 3krpm and ease off the brakes until it breaks traction. Maybe use a few more revs if you need to but don't sit it on the limiter.

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
prob start off throwing it in2 donuts 2 start with then go 4 the other stuff when traction is already broken.. they can b hard 2 get started..

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Standstills are easier. Need alot of space for doughies.

B

beetle81

i will try it out this arvo. just another question, where is the Air intake temp sensor on the VS?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
In the airbox itself, it's mounted through the rear of the box. Pain in the a$$ to get out without breaking the clip that holds it in.

B

beetle81

Cool, i thought it was. i bought one of those chips that connect to it, i don't think it made much difference at all ( they reckon +22hp. HA!) what a load. just wanted to make sure i put it on the right sensor. :)