Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
traction control uses the abs to pulsate the brakes to slow stop the wheels spinning as far as i know,
also can someone clarify this for me, do all vy ss's have traction control and if so do they all have a traction control switch?
as my vy ss is a srz 1 auto and doesn't have a traction control switch and will still spin it up, but will do as stated in a post above that you will feel the back end twitch out around a corner say and the ass end will gently bring itself back straight, also its an ex unmarked cop car so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
cpbait, all SS's have the Traction control..... EXCEPT in the base of the BT1's

Holden said:
Traction Control is deleted from "SS" models with P.O. A8V

However, the BT1's DO have an LSD, which will help!

buzuki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim wagon S1
yeah some later commo's vy-vz, have traction control but no switch to turn it off, the switch sits behind your window switches.

If you want it off cut the wire :p Pin B11 i think, its black/white trace

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Is it possible to reverse the switch?

So that TC is always off., and you switch it on with the button?
Cutting wires is very ghetto...

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
soop, that is VERY possible, in fact i think i've posted on it before. Definatly possible with a simple circuit! However, someone would have to design it, and right now im too busy to do it!

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
The traction control just cuts the throttle. The VZ handles the traction control a lot better due to the electric throttle, you don't get the pedal jabbing at your foot like you do in the VY's so it's a lot nicer to drive when traction kicks in. At the end of the day, holden traction control in the VY's & VZ's wasn't the best, not sure about the VE's because i've never been in one, but you can't expect too much from them, it's holden after all.

And yes, traction can be turned off by default with tech2 i believe..

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
as taken from vy owners manual if the vehicle has a v8 engine traction control when activated provides feedback to the driver by pulsing the accelerator pedal the v6 has differant type as it says it can take up to 3 mins to warm up when its cold out side and if engine is cold